Tom Petty II

Soulmates

Pairing: Tom Petty x reader

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Not your usual x Soulmate!reader fic.

Warning: Smoking

Note: 100% fiction. Sorry it's not that long.

"I just realized something." (y/n) said one night as they were sitting on her porch just like had many years ago.

"Mhm?"

She took another drag from her cigarette and blew smoke into the air.

"You're my soulmate." she said, turning to face him.

"What?" he replied, forcing a laugh. She had to be kidding. Right?

"I mean it. Life keeps throwing us together again," she said with a shrug, "I move to Berlin, I end up back here. In highschool, my dad forces me to transfer schools, I get expelled-"

"To be fair, you used a fire extinguisher as a motor for a chair race. I doubt that it was fate."

"Are you trying to argue against fate?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Well..."

"You can't fight destiny, Tommy. You're stuck with me, whether you like it or not."

He couldn't help but smile at that. (y/n) had a nice way of looking at things, even if they didn't seem particularly magical, she sure could make them sound so.

"Well, I guess you're not the worst person to be soulmates with."

(y/n) laughed, "You're not so bad either."

She leaned her head on his shoulder, looking out into the empty street. He gently kissed her forehead, before tensing up, remembering they werent dating and this probably wasn't part of the 'best friend' protocol.

But (y/n) just smiled and turned her head to look up at him. He could never get tired of looking into her eyes. The lights from the street were reflected in the (y/e/c) irises as they stared into his blue ones.

"Hello?" a hand was waving in front of his face, "Earth to Tom, anybody there?"

"Sorry."

"What were you thinking of?"

"You," he said, without stopping to think.

She looked down, and Tom could swear she was blushing.

"Sorry, I-"

"You're cute when you say things like that." (y/n) said when she looked up.

His eyes unwillingly flitted down to her lips and she smirked and started leaning in. He met her halfway, his lips fitting hers perfectly to hers, moving together in perfect synchrony.