Matthias Jabs

Requested by: AlexaGomez761

Request: Alright, I'd like to request an imagine with either Klaus Meine or Matthias Jabs (scorpions), it can be any of them, the era would be 1984 and don't have much ideas for a plot right now but I want it romantic themed.

Warning(s): none!

At one point in life, every person has that someone where you never quite know where you stand. Are you just really good friends, or are you the object of their desire? And, since everyone has that person, I of course had them too. My someone was Matthias.

༺ ༻

It was a bright sunny day at the beginning of summer. But unlike other people, who would be spending the day outside in the sun, I was cooped up in my apartment, staring at the piece of paper sticking out of the top of my typewriter. I had been surprisingly productive today, compared to most others when all I could do was stare out the window and daydream. I had already finished two chapters of my book and now I was halfway through the third. I was in the zone, as they say, nothing could disturb me. And nothing would disturb me, until Matthias came bursting through my front door. In the past few months this had become such a regular occurrence that I was beginning to regret giving him a key to my apartment in the first place.

"(y/n)?" I heard his voice call from the hallway.

"Office," I shouted back.

He poked his head through the door, coming in once he saw me. Matthias strode across the room, ruffling my hair as he passed (much to my annoyance), and threw himself into the armchair in the corner.

"Everything okay Matt?" I asked, once I had fixed the mess he made of my hairstyle.

Matthias ran his hand through his hair and sighed, "I can't think of what to write."

Looks like I wasn't going to be getting any further with my book. Not with Matthias in the same room. I already had enough trouble trying to concentrate without him being there.

"Okay, why don't I help you?" I asked.

"You want to help me write a song," he said, somewhat disbelievingly.

"Yeah, why not? I write books, don't I? it can't be too different."

"I guess," he shrugged.

I tossed him paper and a pencil and moved to sit on the arm of his chair. He stiffened slightly at our sudden closeness, as if he too felt fireworks go off in his stomach every time we touched. Maybe he did. Hopefully he did. Maybe it was time to figure out where I stood with him. It was always hard to tell with Matthias. One moment he would be flirting nonstop, and the next he'd go back to treating me like one of the guys. It was infuriating. Especially because I didn't mind the flirting.

"We should start with a theme," I suggested, "You guys have a name for the album yet?"

"We were playing around with 'Love At First Sting', but we haven't decided yet."

"Okay, so why not do a song about love?"

"A love song," Mathias pondered.

"Yeah, is there anyone that you like?"

"There's this amazing woman I know, and I've been madly in love with her for some time now..." Matthias confessed after a moment's pause.

We were sitting so close I could feel his warm breath fan across my face as he spoke. I could see the way his brown curls moved when he spoke. I was close enough to tuck one of the stray strands of hair back behind his ear. I was close enough to kiss him as soon as he was done talking. But I also had self control. And I needed confirmation that he felt the same way before I kissed. I couldn't just screw up our entire friendship because of some harmless flirting.

"...Sometimes when she's close to me, I want to kiss her so badly it hurts," he added quietly.

My throat was dry when I spoke, "Why haven't you?"

"Hmm?"

"Why haven't you kissed her?"

He paused for a moment, "Because I don't think she thinks of me that way."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," I breathed, "She's probably just waiting for you to make the first move."

And finally, after months of pining and the excruciatingly metaphor filled conversation we just had, he finally kissed me.

i'm really sorry this took so long, on top of writers block i've been busy all summer with traveling and family stuff. its pretty short but i really wanted to get it done. i hope you liked it.