Kurt Cobain

Pairing: Kurt Cobain x reader

Genre: fluff

Summary: (y/n) and Kurt are teenagers in Aberdeen, just months away from graduating. (y/n) is terrified of the future that is heading towards them at an alarming speed, but Kurt is there to comfort her.

Warnings: none

Note: this is actually from a story i started writing last year but i never published it.

He found her exactly where he had thought he would. She sat on the railing of the bridge they usually sat under, staring at the swirling water of the Wishkah below.

"Hey." (y/n) said as she heard him approach.

"Hey."

"Looks like you found me."

"(y/n), is everything okay?" he asked, leaning onto the railing.

"No it's not." she said bitterly.

"Then tell me what's wrong."

She shook her head silently.

"Please?"

"Fine. I'm scared." (y/n) admitted.

In all the years he had known her, he never once heard her say those words. (y/n) was the kind of person who seemed immune to fear. Even now she dangled her legs over the edge of a bridge that rose 13 feet into the air, unafraid of falling.

"Of what?" he asked.

(y/n) swung her legs around and climbed off the railing, turning to face him. "Of the future. I don't want to go to college and get a mediocre job and marry a mediocre guy and live life as a sad suburban soccer mom who gets her jollies by yelling at waiters."

"That's not going to happen."

"Oh really? And how would you know?" she snapped.

"Because I know you. And I'm not going to let that happen."

She didn't know how it happened, but suddenly he was kissing her. After months of longing for him to see her as more than a friend, she was finally feeling his lips against hers. The suddenness of the kiss left her completely immobilized in shock.

"Sorry," he mumbled when he pulled away and saw her expression.

"No-"

(y/n) gently grabbed his face and pulled him in for another kiss. Their lips fit together perfectly as he wrapped his arms around her waist and her hands became entangled in his long blonde hair.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." (y/n) whispered against his lips.

"Really?"

"Yeah," she said, looking down to hide the blush that coated her cheeks, "I've had a crush on you for ages."