Ian Gillan

Request: Basically the reader has been crushing on Deep Purple frontman Ian Gillan for a long time. But Ian is with somebody else. So the reader gets unusually cold and distant from him. This continues for a while. One day while they are hanging out, Ian and his girl get too close and are acting like the usual couple. Y/N was already in a crappy mood but this all comes to a head where the reader just storms off. Ian has to go find you and he does. You two argue for a moment before he asks what's wrong with you. You can't hold back and start crying and basically confessing to Ian that you are basically in love with him.

Warning(s): language, alcohol consumption?

(y/n/n)- your nickname

August 18th. That day had been circled on my calendar for about a week. I wanted to tell him how I feel. I had to tell him. And August 18th was going to be that day. I called him a day before and asked him to go to one of my favorite pubs, a place I was sure he'd like too. He'd happily agreed to come, which I took as a good sign. Now I was sitting at a small table in the back in an overcrowded bar on August 18th

Just then, Ian came in. I stood up and waved him over to my table in the crowded bar, but he didn't notice. He was too focused on the brunette that came in behind him.

"So, who's this?" I asked, trying not to sound too degrading.

"This is my girlfriend, Jenny." Ian said, "Jenny, that's my friend, (y/n)."

Girlfriend. That word hit me like a ton of bricks. Girlfriend. Why did he not mention that on the phone? I felt sick to my stomach and I just wanted to lock myself in the bathroom and cry, but I couldn't leave them now. Not when I was the one who invited them out.

"Nice to meet you." Jenny said curtly.

"Likewise." I replied in the same tone.

With perfect timing, the waitress arrived to take our order, saving the three of us from the quickly forming awkward silence. Plus, this meant that there would be drinks, and drinks meant that this night would not continue to be so earth shatteringly painful as it is now.

"So, what'll it be?"

"Vodka." I immediately said.

"Since when do you drink vodka?" Ian asked, raising his eyebrow.

"There's a first for everything."

He shrugged, "I'll just have a beer, please."

"Could I have a glass of pinot noir?" Jenny asked.

"Wine?" the waitress looked lost, "We have red, white and pink."

"Red." she sighed, and I repressed a snicker.

"So, how do you like the bar Jenny?" I asked when the waitress had left.

"It's... charming." she replied slowly.

Ian laughed, "Well, I love it. Definitely the kind of place you would go to, (y/n)."

I smiled into my glass as I took a drink, the alcohol burning my throat. I grimaced, remembering exactly why I didn't drink this stuff. This was going to be a fun night.

༺ ༻

A week later, Ian finally called. I had been avoiding him as best as I could since that night he introduced me to his girlfriend.

"Hey, (y/n), you wanna come hang out tonight?"

"I can't tonight."

"Why on earth not?"