George Harrison

Neighbors 

Pairing: George Harrison x reader

Genre: fluff

Summary: George and (y/n) are neighbors, but don't know each other well. A boring summer changes that and George falls head over heels for his new friend.

Warning: None.

Note: the timeline is a bit messed up, and I apologize for that. The music also might not fit the timeline exactly, but it's close enough. Also a lot of time skips because I already wrote enough and I don't feel like making an entire book.

George P.O.V

Two years ago, a new family moved into the house next door. A mother, a father and two daughters now lived in the small whitewashed building right next to him.

He had never formally met any of them, his mother had invited them over once, but they were forced to decline when the youngest sister caught a cold. Now, two years later, he still knew just about nothing about the family. The only thing he was absolutely sure about was that their gorgeous daughter, (y/n), went to his school.

George didn't know a lot about (y/n), but he probably knew more than the people at school, seeing as he could look right into her room from his window. And (y/n) never closed her shades.

She liked rock n' roll music. He could hear her play records late into the night.

She liked to read. A gigantic shelf overflowing with books lined her wall.

She played guitar. Two guitars leaned against the wall in the corner of her room and he could hear her playing once in a while.

She never wore pajamas, instead opting for an oversized shirt and shorts... okay, maybe he did know a little too much about her.

But now it was summer, and all of his friends were on holiday somewhere, probably having the time of their lives, and he was stuck in Liverpool. So on one fateful day, George picked up his guitar and started plucking random strings. He had just finished a rather good riff, if he did say so himself, when he heard an echo. George frowned and looked around, he wasn't playing with an amplifier, so there were no malfunctions. He played the riff again, thinking that he must have been hearing things. But there it was again, the exact same melody he had just played. He pulled back the curtain that hung in front of the open window ever so slightly to see what's outside. His gaze naturally fell onto (y/n)'s window and he realized what the echo had been. Her window was open, as usual, and (y/n) sat on the windowsill, legs dangling haphazardly over the edge, and an acoustic guitar lay on her lap. George carefully took a seat behind the curtain, so he was completely hidden from view. Carefully, he plucked the tune again and he turned back to the window. (y/n) gave a small smile and copied the tune again.

This back and forth went on for a while. Occasionally (y/n) would come up with a new melody and he would copy it. As they progressed, the songs grew longer and more complex, each trying to challenge the other until (y/n) ceased to answer. George tried again but still no echo returned. Carefully he peered out from behind the curtain, to see (y/n) gone. Her guitar lay deserted on her bed and the window was shut.

"George, dinner!" his mother called from downstairs and finally, he too abandoned his seat by the window.

༺ ༻

(y/n) P.OV.

Two years, and she still didn't know her next door neighbor. Well, she knew what everyone else knew, since they went to the same school. She knew that his name was George Harrison, and that he was in her math class. And that he was mates with two other boys, John Lennon, the schools main troublemaker, and the pretty-boy Paul McCartney, and they were in a band together. (y/n) knew he played guitar, since she heard him play ever so often.