Brian May

Pairing: Brian May x reader

Genre: I have no clue. Just read.

Summary: (y/n) and Brian are having dinner with his parents, but they are badgering the couple with questions about the future. Specifically: children.

Warning: Smoking, maybe cursing. I didn't proofread. Also I wrote this in an hour so its not the best.

"And look here," the elderly woman shoved another picture in (y/n)'s face, "Brian's cousin just had a little daughter."

"Ah, congratulations."

"Isn't she sweet?"

"Very." (y/n) shot him a desperate look.

"So, Dad," Brian tried to change the topic, "How's work?"

"Work is good." he replied curtly, "(y/n), do you know how great children are?"

"I- uh, I wouldn't know" she said, and took a long drink of wine.

"Well, they are. You get to watch them grow up, growing to become such amazing people. And you have the satisfaction of knowing you helped shape them to be like that."

(y/n) nodded and gave a polite smile. "The meal was delicious Mrs. May."

"Thank you dear." She smiled, "Oh, Brian, did you hear? Jeff Robinson had a son last week."

"Who?"

"You remember Jeff. He was in your year in school."

"Oh, Jeff. Right."

"(y/n)?" His father asked.

"Yes?"

"You and Brian have been together for quite some time now."

"Three years." She replied, shooting him a quick smile.

"Have you two ever thought of starting a family? Or at least getting married?"

"Um, we're both too busy with work right now to think of children..." she trailed off.

"(y/n)? Are you alright dear? You look a little queasy." his mother asked when her eyes fell on (y/n), who indeed looked like she was going to be sick.

"I- yeah, I'm fine." she said absentmindedly. "Do you mind if I grab some fresh air?"

"Of course darling."

"Thanks."

(y/n) got up and quietly headed out the side door. A beat passed and Brian turned to look at his parents.

His expression must have been pretty sour, because his mother raised her eyebrows and asked, "What?"

"Why are you trying to pressure (y/n) and me into having children?"

"We're not doing anything of that sort."

"Yes you are. (y/n)'s been under a lot of pressure about having kids lately. Her family, the media and now you two. It's clear that she doesn't want children. And neither do I."

His parents were quiet.

"I'm going to go and see if she's alright. And when we come back, please refrain from all the family talk."

༺ ༻

(y/n) stood in the shadows, leaning her back against the wall. The warm red glow of a cigarette was the only thing lighting her face. Smoke curled upwards into the air as she exhaled.

"Sorry," she chuckled, catching him staring at the cigarette between her fingers, "Bad habit."

"Are you alright darling?"

She gave a weak smile, "I'm fine. Just needed to calm down a bit."

Brian walked over to her, leaning his back against the wall. A sigh escaped him.

(y/n) glances over to him, "You want a drag?"

Suddenly Brian felt tempted. Why? He didn't know, but he accepted the offer, inhaling the smoke from the cigarette being held to his lips.

His throat burned as the smoke tried to fight its way out and Brian doubled over coughing. He must have looked pretty ridiculous because (y/n) started to giggle.

"You do this for fun?" he managed to gasp out.

That only made her laugh harder. It took a few moments before all the smoke had been expelled from his lungs.

"Are you okay?" (y/n) asked when his coughing had subsided.

Brian nodded, watching her take a final drag before throwing the cigarette onto the pavement and crushing it with the tip of her shoe.

"I'm sorry they were asking all those questions." He said.

"It's not your fault," (y/n) sighed, "Besides, you'll have to endure the same thing next week. My mom invited us to dinner on Sunday."

"Lovely," he deadpanned and (y/n) smiled sympathetically.

"Should we go back inside?" She suggested, "Your parents might get suspicious."

Brian nodded and took (y/n)'s hand.

"After you," he held open to the door and he followed (y/n) as she walked back inside.

"Ah, there you too are." Brian's mom exclaimed, "Are you feeling better, (y/n)?"

"Yeah, I think it was just a little vertigo. I'm fine."

"How's the album coming along, son?" His father asked after a short pause.

And for the rest of the evening, there were no more mentions of children.

༺ ༻

"You told them I didn't want children, didn't you?"

Brian glanced down at her, "Yes, I did. They were a bit disappointed, but they'll accept it. I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"I think that they believe that if there's a chance we'll get married then there's a chance that they will get grandchildren"

(y/n) laughed, "Do you think there's a chance that we'll get married?"

"I'm hoping there is." He looked at her, "Is there?"

(y/n) smiled, "Yes there is. A very good one in fact."