Tom Petty III

Pairing: Tom Petty x gn!reader

Genre: fluff

Summary: (y/n) accidentally wakes Tom when she comes home late.

Warnings: none (i apologize for the shortness)

It was extremely late when you came home. Or rather, extremely early. The house was dark and silent, Tom had probably gone to bed long ago.

After changing into pajamas as silently as possible, you tried to get into bed without waking your sleeping husband. The floorboards creaked a bit under your feet, but Tom didn't wake.

Through the window the faint glow of street lights provided little light, yet you could still see him perfectly. He looked so peaceful, with his eyes gently shut and his long blond hair falling into his face. Slowly, you brushed a stray strand out of his eyes and leaned over to kiss his forehead gently.

"Hey," Tom mumbled tiredly, and you cursed yourself for waking him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to wake you."

"You didn't wake me," he lied, his blue eyes blinking though the darkness.

"I'm sorry," you said again.

"It's okay, I love waking up to you anyways. No harm done," Tom smiled, "Now give me a proper kiss."

His arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer as you leaned in to kiss him. Properly, this time. Although you knew that you would curse yourself for staying up in the morning, moments like these were too nice to give up.

You smiled to yourself as you started to drift off a little later. God, how you loved this man.