Chapter 15: Plan of Attack

Both armed, Kat and Leroy snuck down the hallway, guns at the ready. "I don't know if I'm prepared enough," Kat fret. "I've only had one day of training."

Leroy smiled at her. "But even in that one day, you've learned more than I did in two years. You'll be fine."

She smiled back, but the smile didn't reach her eyes. Her hands shook as she grasped her small pistol. "Thanks... But you've had four years of training. I've still only had one day."

"True, but don't worry. I'll protect you." He grinned back at her and she rolled her eyes. 

"You protecting me is the last thing I need," she snorted. They heard voices and halted, completely vulnerable. "Oh, god," she whispered.

Leroy held up his gun aiming it at the intersecting hallway in front of them. "Get your gun ready."

The voices got closer, and Kat held her gun up, her arms trembling. "I don't know if I can do this," she said, her voice trembling.

He turned around and put both of his hands on her shoulders, shaking her gently. "Kat, you can do this. I know you can. I may have only known you for a day or two, but I know that you have an iron will. You can do this."

Taking a deep breath, she nodded. "Thanks, Leroy." He smiled at her and just as he turned back to the hallway, two people appeared: a man and a woman. The woman was short and petite. She wore her blonde hair in a fancy bun, with a bit too much make up on. Either that, or it got smeared.

The man's long-ish black hair was disheveled and his brown eyes were wide and confused. Both were both in formal outfits, the woman in a long white dress; the man in a black and white tuxedo with a black bow tie. [A/N Bowties are cool. Sorry. Continue.]

"I told you, I don't know! One minute Jackson is standing right next to me and the next, he's on the floor!" said the man. He noticed Kat and Leroy and his hand strayed to his side before he realized he didn't have his regular outfit on. Putting his hands behind his head, he said, "Alright. You got us... Whoever or whatever you are, what do you want?"

Leroy put his gun down. "You're SHIELD," he remarked. 

The man nodded slowly, as if talking to a small child. He looked Leroy and Kat up and down, as if sizing them up."Yes... And by the looks of your clothes, so are you. How are you awake?"

Kat shrugged, lowering her gun. "Um... We don't exactly know... But it's nice to know there are other agents still awake..."

The woman nodded. "No kidding. We heard footsteps running down the hallway towards the main control room. I don't know if it's a hostile force or not. But if they are, if they get there, they could control the helicarrier and practically drive us into the ground. We have to stop them!" The man nodded along like he totally understood what she was saying, even though Leroy and Kat were completely confused with her bouncing-around comments.

"Do you guys happen to have extra guns? We're, as you can see, still in our outfits." The man gestured to their attire and shrugged.

Kat handed over one of her two guns to the woman, and Leroy gave one of his three to the man. "Um... So, where do we go?" Kat asked. "I'm kind of new to this..."

Nodding, the man started walking down the hall in which Leroy and Kat had come down. "This way. Follow me."

"Do you think we can trust them?" Kat whispered. "Who knows? Maybe the bad guys are in the formal get up too..."

Leroy nodded. "I know. I was thinking the same thing, but for now, we've got to play along with them. Who knows what they're capable of?"

Shaking her head, Kat trailed behind them, checking behind her shoulder for anyone following them. 

______________________________________________________

"Shh... We have to be quiet now. Who knows what they could have tapped..." The man motioned for Kat and Leroy to keep quiet. They were all crouched down in a hallway underneath the giant windows that bordered the main control room. Kat and Leroy were side by side behind the man and woman, who they had learned were James and Lily respectively. 

The two of them had been married for sixteen years, and Kat thought it was endearing to see that there were still couples that stayed together for longer than a few years before getting divorced.

Leroy rolled his eyes. "I know what quiet means. I may be younger than you, but I'm not stupid. And neither is Kat." 

She felt a smile pull at the corner of her lips, and Kat nodded. "So, do you have a plan of attack?"

"Yup." Lily smiled. "I have a plan: attack."  

_______________________________________________________

Dear readers,

The picture to the side is of Dian's eye. Just, take away the make up and the caucasian skin... And blonde hair.

-flygirl1