Chapter 17: Kit

"Really? What happened?" Kat asked, amazed. She'd seen SHIELD up close, and she knew that they were strong, and fortified, but if they had been attacked more than once and were still standing strong, then that just fueled her to power on.

He shrugged. "Aw, lots of stuff. Most of it was Hydra. They kind of just... boarded the helicarrier and attacked us. They killed a lot of people." He looked sad for a moment, but his expression faded after a few seconds.

"But, for about a year now, we haven't heard from them... Like, at all. It's been a little strange. And then we find out that there's a new terrorist organization has been formed: Viper. Ha. Like Hydra wasn't bad enough," he scoffed.

She nodded, fascinated by the fact that Leroy knew all of this and could recite it all from memory. If she had been the one who had been an agent for over four years, she wouldn't have been able to recount that much informatino that quickly. She was really good at memorizing things, but 

"Hey, do you see that?" he asked suddenly, pointing to a screen a few computers to Kat's right.

"Huh? See what?" Kat looked to see what he was talking about. She noticed a glowing blue screen and moved over a few steps to see it better. 

On the screen, it showed some security camera footage of a lightly tanned person in a black suit and mask, with one little white "X" in the top left corner of the mask. It looked like a retro superhero mask. The ones that look super flabby, and then magically stiffen up to stay on the hero's face? Yeah. Those. Their eyes were peircing hazel and caught Kat's attention immediately. 

The person--it was unclear whether it was a man or a woman--had golden blonde hair tied back in a bun/man-bun. They were lean and muscular, but not muscular enough to distinguish whether it was a man or a woman.

They had held up a piece of paper to the camera, saying: We know you're here and watching this, Kit. Kat noticed that the person had a tattoo of chinese script curling down the heel of their hand down their wrist. 

The person switched the paper out for a new one, dropping the old one on the floor nonchalantly. We will find you. You will come home to us.

The person grinned an showed one last card, dropping the last one. No matter where you hide, we will find you. We will always find you. The person then dropped the cards and brought something out from behind them.

It was an aerosol can. Spray paint to be exact. The person pressed the nozzle and the screen filled with black. The camera was still rolling, and loud running footsteps were heard running away from the scene of the crime. 

Moving away from the computer, Kat tried to catch her breath. How did they find her? A burning pain raced up her back as she remembered. They couldn't have discovered SHIELD that quickly. 

"Kat? Kat, are you okay?" Leroy sounded concerned. "Um... Do you need water or something?"

She shook her head. "No... I'm... fine. I'm fine..." Just shaken up like a bottle of Cola that was left alone at a party full of teenage boys. Taking a shuddery breath, Kat tried for a smile. "I'm fine. Right now, we need to focus on finding the people who are on the ship. That's... um... who was on the screen. Some person telling us that they were here and such."

Not three seconds after she said that, the intercom beeped and a deep, manly voice echoed throughout the helicarrier. "Agents of SHIELD who are still awake. We congratulate you for not drinking the punch that was graciously given out so freely. You are smarter than you appear... For now, anyway."

So that's how everyone got drugged. I heard a bunch of them talking about how good the fruit punch was... They must have switched a batch out for a drugged one.

"We have come and completed what we came to do. You won't be able to find us. We are all off of the helicarrier already. Now, all you have to do is wait until morning when the rest of your crew is awake. For those that were watching the monitors, you know exactly what will happen. Warn the rest of your crew. We will find her. We will always find her." 

There was a loud beep again, and silence fell down upon the ship. 

Leroy moved to stand next to Kat. "What were they talking about? Who's the girl or woman they were talking about?"

She stared back at him with haunted eyes. "Me. They're coming for me."

________________________________________________________

Dear readers,

The picture is of Brendan's eye this time. He's literally the only one who has green eyes. lol. I also want to add that this whole story is unedited, and will be edited when finished. So, if you feel like it, then please, point out mistakes. If you're okay reading unedited stuff, then continue. Thank you for reading,

-flygirl1

P.S. #cliffhanger! Sorry. I just had to. Luv ya!

P.P.S. The "Kit" instead of "Kat" was completely intentional, not a typo. Just saying.