Chapter 19 **Part 1** (The Beast Within)

Chapter 19, Part 1

**A/N- Well babies, this is part one of the last chapter before the epilogue, part 2 will follow soon. Thank you all for traveling another journey across the pages with me to read, vote, and comment on Stavos and his twins story. I appreciate all of you and thank you from the bottom of my heart. xoxo Dianna**

Stavos...

(Beastly Stavos------->)

We spent three nights and two days smack dab right in the middle of London's bustling city centre at Dimitri's flat that he owned here. We were steps away from Big Ben, and I was amused to the point that I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep myself from laughing out loud about the fact that we were supposed to be discreet. We were supposed to be hiding until we were ready to strike out against the ancients and take them down. But trust Dimitri to hide in plain sight, so here we are in the heart of London thumbing our noses at the old bastards.

I stood on the balcony of Dimitri's home and I contemplated everything that Nikolai told me over the past few nights as he regained his strength. His tales and visions of the horrid actions and the extents that those sadistic sons of bitches had gone to over the centuries to strike fear in the hearts of the covens here in order to keep them in line made me want to vomit. It broke my heart when my cousin, my last blood relative, sobbed his out apologies to me and explained the things that he had to do. The missions he had to carry out for them to keep himself safe. My blood boiled when he confirmed my theory was confirmed about who really was responsible for the death of their former leader and his family.

Once the council had figured out that Nikolai didn't carry the same level of power nor had he mastered the teachings of my father in the dark arts of magic, they turned him into a mindless assassin and a scapegoat  instead and he was tired of the senseless killing. Nik explained that no matter how he washed himself, he still couldn't get the blood the those he murdered off of his hands.

It all came to a head for him months ago when one of the elders submitted to his mateless madness and after close to a millenia of living alone without someone to anchor him, he gave himself over to the true death. He took his own life by plunging the last of the daggers my father had cursed with black magic straight into his heart. The deceased ancient had left the council weakened with his death. He was one of the only three pure-bloods still remaining in their organization.

There was I time I held great pride in being a pure-blood myself, Dimitri as well, but this fiasco and those power hungry bastards are trying to make me rethink that. Now they were scrambling to hold onto control that they no longer have over the vampires as a species. They are so desperate to keep their antiquated feelings of leadership that they came up with the brilliant plan to do whatever it was necessary to get me and my talents on board with them. Nikolai even shared the plot where they were going to try and kidnap my mates and and use them as leverage to bring me to heel.

Turning my face into the frigid wind, I closed my eyes and inhaled the frost laden air into my lungs. Everyone expected and were preparing for some epic battle with the ancients. Some kind of good versus evil clash of powers, but in reality the council's reign of terror is going to come to an quiet end, their evil cleansed by fire, and their ashes returned to the earth were they originated from.

The one part of myself that I have never shared with anyone, the darkness that dwells within my blood, the blood of a pure-blood vampire male versed in the practice of dark arts. I am not going to need an army of vampires, nor am I going to need anything other than my speed, my stealth, and my mind to accomplish something I should have taken care of years ago. My father had trained me well in mastering the black magic only some pure-bloods were capable of wielding. Taking a deep breath, I turned and made my way back into the warmth of the house. I was just as guilty as those old bastards were, I had sat back and I had selfishly thought that if I distanced myself from them and left them well enough alone then they will remain on their part of the world and me in mine part of the world.