Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Stavos...

(The Council--------->)**Warning***

Dimitri, Gustav, Irina, and I were sitting poolside while our mates where busy indoors keeping themselves busy. I was listening to Irina tell us what she learned from her informants and some of her family friends in Europe. They told her about what they knew about the council's recent activities that they have witnessed over the past few of months. They attested to the fact that the inner structure of the ancient leaders seemed to be rapidly unraveling due to power struggles and greed from within the group, and in doing so, important information along with a multitude of lies and deceptions involving prominent Vampire family's was intentionly leaked out to the general populace of Vampires in attempts to cast even more doubt and discord amongst the leading parties of the council.

I was shocked to the core of my existance when she repeated the information she gathered regarding the slaughter of my family.  If the tale was correct it was an ancient, a former advisor to my own father and not Nikolai that ordered the massacre of my family. That heinous event was their idea of punishment for me for not accepting to be their leader and follow in my father footsteps. They had coveted my powers, pureblood they called me, the rightful leader after my dad and according to them, I shunned them like they were beneath me. And they didn't stop there, they in turn used Nikolai as a scapegoat and made me think that he was the one responsible for the death contract on my parents and siblings.

Those evil bastards practically brainwashed him with the allure and grandeur of power. They thought that because he came from the same biological line that I did,  he would carry the same level of power and strength. But that's not the case, Nikolai is strong very strong Vampire indeed, but not as strong as I am. And he definitely didn't carry the same level of power that I can conjure at will. It's also been said that he has disappeared from the council's mansion. No one knows where he is and the council's best trackers have not been able to locate him. They have deemed him a threat and a risk to the council because he knows too much, he knows the lies and depths of depravity that the council have used to ruthlessly control the Vampire population.

They had a kill on sight order on his head, and the hunters have been running all over Europe looking for him. They knew there is no love lost between my cousin and I so they wanted us to think tha they have no one hunting around for Nikolai on this side of the ocean, but I didn't believe that for one minute. The next disturbing piece of news was that they are trying to lure me back into the fold and they have always known somehow since the birth of the twins that they were destined to be my mates. They not only coveted their unique abilities to control water and earth, they really wanted to use them as pawns to bring me at heel, the fuckers.

I getting so fucking pissed the very air around me distorted and shimmered with my unleashed wrath. Dimitri held up his hand and stopped Irina's debriefing mid-sentence. "You need to calm down for a minute my friend, I can feel your energy and it is not conductive to what we need to take care of right now, but I understand how you feel buddy." He quietly stated but he refrained from reaching out to me, not while I was literally burning the air around my body.

The next thing I knew, I was spluttering and wheezing as I leaned over in my chair and tried to cough up the water that I had been suddenly doused with out of my lungs. Everyone sitting at the table had jumped back in an attempt to keep dry. I swiped the chlorinated water and my hair out of my eyes and looked up shocked to see Ayden, Ahron, and Caleb standing at the other side of the pool. Before I could say one word, Ayden was in my lap using a fluffy towel to mop the water off my face. Ahron was standing  behind me with another towel drying my hair. I looked over at my friends, and they  were almost puce in the face trying to hold back their laughter, and I just rolled my eyes at them as they burst out laughing and turned my attention back to my mischievous little mate currently doing his best to mop up the mess he caused. I just raised a brow and the both of them leaned in and  pecked me on the opposite cheek offering me comfort.