Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ayden’s POV…

(Irina's Platters of Food--->)

 Caleb, Ahron, and I decided that we were going spend today to ourselves, it was Saturday and our mates were currently holed up in the library on a conference call, some emergency or the other at one of the production lines in a factory in Northern England or something. We all had plans to have a picnic today, the entire household, but business was business and sometimes it couldn’t wait. So, Aunt Irina, planning guru that she is set up the entire pool deck like an outdoor spa, and we were getting ready to pamper ourselves and have some fun in the sun. Ironic right, Vampires sunbathing, that myth was so long dead. She even had tons of food on hand that we could munch our way through the afternoon.

 We even decided to embrace our inner twink because we were wearing barely there boy shorts each in a different color and nothing else; and I must say, little Caleb had a super sexy body on him, and I was sure once Uncle Dimitri catches sight of him things were going to get heated in the backyard. Aunt Irina looked absolutely stunning in a emerald green string bikini that was more string than it was bikini, and Ahron and I, our shorts laced up at the sides, his in electric blue, while mine was fire engine red.

 We started in on the food and once we were settled with a plate every one took to their respective loungers, we were not directly in the sun due to the strategic placement on the umbrellas, but we were prepared because we each had a turn slathering one another up in coconut scented sun block lotion. We were munching on grapes and laughing at Aunt Irina’s impersonations of our mates, it was really funny because she mimicked them perfectly, and she even managed to get our Stavos’ deadly scowl down pact.

 Caleb and Ahron got into the pool and I got up to get some more fruit from the platter sitting on ice, Aunt Irina waved me over to sit next to where she was lounging so prettily with her oversized shades covering her eyes, she looked the epitome of a glamorous diva lying there like that; Supermodels would envy her. While my brother and Caleb frolicked in the pool playing Marco Polo, and naturally trying to see could be the coolest, she asked me how we were getting along with our mate. I explained how extraordinary our relationship was and I tried to explain a little of our bond. I knew a lot of people didn’t really understand it but she did and she was happy that we were happy. I knew the shadow that past over her expression was the grief she felt about our Mom, and even as happy as we were, the heart gripping sadness of losing our parents like that still managed to grip me from time to time and drag me under.

She shook her head and immediately her features brightened as she squeezed my hand. I opened my mouth to drop a few grapes into it, when all of a sudden I was spluttering and coughing from a faceful of chlorinated water hitting me, smack dab, right the face, the chemical treated water finding its way into my windpipe.

 My head whipped around just in time to catch see a guilty looking Caleb point at my equally guilty brother. I huffed and pouted as they burst out laughing, even our doting Aunt was biting her lips trying not to laugh at me and my dripping face. “Okay,” I thought, “revenge is best served cold.” I made sure that I didn’t broadcast that little tidbit to my comedian of a brother or my mate. Ahron doesn’t need any forewarning for what was coming his way. I just rolled my eyes and continued with my fruit.

 It wasn’t until everyone was settled and talking about Caleb’s upcoming graduation that the men in our lives finally decided to make an appearance. We actually thought that we were not going to see them today, and man, what a sight they made. Each of them had changed from their casual clothes from this morning at breakfast, to their swimming shorts, each opted not to wear a shirt and I was practically drooling. I actually reached up and wiped my mouth just to make sure.  They got closer and you could see that they flashed each other and wicked grin at each other seconds before all three of them charged for the pool, we scrambled to get out of the way; because when those three huge muscle bound Vampires landed in that pool at the same time, the resulting displacement of water was going to soak everyone and everything at the poolside.