Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Ayden's POV...

(Beautiful Irina-------->)

After hours and hours in the air the plane's tires finally made contact with the ground as the pilots smoothly navigated the jumbo jet across Miami International Airport’s tarmac. Our security detail stirred and they were on instant alert. I felt a warm hand brush over mine and I looked up into the comforting gaze of my brother, and I managed to give him a wobbly smile to ease his worrying a little. I could feel it weighing on his shoulders like a physical thing. I could also feel his excitement.

I had to admit that I was excited myself, we were mere moments from seeing him again and I for one couldn't wait. I needed to see him to see if the pull was still there. I needed it to be like I needed blood to survive, the distraction from my gut wrenching grief would be most welcome.

The Captain was still speaking overhead thanking us for choosing the airline and what not when the stewardess announced that we would be disembarking now. Our bodyguards immediately got to their feet and made sure we had everything before preceding us off the plane. We made our way down another private hallway. We were led to a private lounge and the stewardess collected our passports and disappeared through the door with one of our guards on her heels.

The wait lasted for about a half an hour or so and just as I was about to start my restless fidgeting the woman finally returned and wished us a pleasant stay in sunny Miami. Ahron thanked her for all of us but right now I was just anxious to get going. We were finally within arm’s reach of Stavos and my anticipation further amped up by Ahron's was a potent mixture of anxiety fraying my already overtaxed nerves.

We were ushered out into a brightly lit area and I immediately sensed our Auntie, but I barely had time to comprehend anything before the guards parted like the Red Sea and both my brother and I were snatched into a bone crushing embrace. Aunt Irina's scent swirled around us like a warm soothing blanket. Tears almost threatened to choke me right then, she reminded me so much of our Mum, if we didn't know they was almost a 100 year gap between the two anyone  could have been mistaken the sisters for twins themselves. She continued to pet and fuss over us and our empty hearts soaked up all the love an attention like dry sponges.

 Our entourage made it outside to the curb where black gleaming cars waited, the sliding glass doors whooshed open and closed behind us and the warm balmy air outside slapped us in our faces as we exited the cool air conditioned building. The smell of auto exhaust and the humans assaulted our senses. Both Ahron and I looked around, and to our utmost disappointment Stavos was nowhere to be seen, so we settled into the back of the limo as the guards loaded out numerous pieces of luggage into the SUV parked in front and back of our vehicle. Finally, we set off for the mansion and we gazed out of the tinted windows and watched the palm trees and high rise buildings whirl pass us as they dotting the Miami skyline as we sped over the highway. It was late afternoon and we figured that Stavos was busy with Dimitri in one of his mega offices, so we bridled our anticipation and took in our new surroundings.

 The cars pulled up and through the gates of a very posh island of massive homes. The lane was lined with lush palm trees and tropical flowers as our convoy made its way down the street past the gated homes. We came up to a huge set of gates that flowed open silently and we passed through winding our way up a cobblestone drive to a massive house. The limo came to a stop right in front of a wide set of steps leading up to an elaborate entranceway. Aunt Irina ushered us out of the car once the door was opened by a big burly vampire. She patted the man’s cheek as she gracefully swept past him and as her foot hit the first step the door opened and Uncle Gustav came outside and made his way quickly to her side. He pecked her lovingly on the lips before turning his attention to us. He gathered us into his arms and we were squashed into his ginormous chest.