Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Ayden's POV...

(Beto Malfacini as my vision of Luscious Nikolai------------->)

"Things are not what they seem, tell your mate, the Council is corrupt from within."  I shot straight up in bed with those words ringing in my ears. I tried to shake my head to clear my thoughts, but that phrase kept playing in my head like a record set on repeat. Looking around, I spied my brother on the other side of the huge mattress, he was literally wrapped around our mate's big body. I just shook my head. Stavos must really be tired if he didn't pick up on the fact that I moved an inch away from his side, usually if one of us so much as twitches, he is up and exploring every inch of our bodies and scanning our thoughts to make sure that we are okay.

Right now he didn't even budge, so I went back to trying to decipher what those words meant and who they came from. My mother had the ability for telepathy, she passed it on to the both of us, but for some reason I was more adept to the talent than Ahron was. I continued to rack my brain to get the meaning behind the words. I mean, obviously it had something to do with the council, and Stavos and Dimitri had just returned from their English offices. I knew the problems over there stemmed from something that had to do with Nikolai, who by chance is the current leader of the council.

I quietly slid out of bed and padded across the thick carpet and sat in one of the chairs by the window, and I took another peek over at the bed to make sure that my mate and my twin were still sleeping peacefully. Setting myself back into the cushions of the recliner, I opened my mind and let my senses drift out into the atmosphere. I repeated the phrase in my head over and over again as I summoned the owner of the message. My pulse rate spiked as my mind's eye traveled through the darkness, it was like spiraling down a dark tunnel at light speed. I heard the whispers of multiple conversations, but none of them held the cadence or the tone of voice that I was seeking. I rubbed my hand over the tense muscles of my neck as I continued my search. I gasped as I was suddenly dragged back into my consciousness, my eyes snapped open, and they focused on the concerned but angery face of my mate. His eyes were glowing, shimmering bright silver as he stared back at me.

"What are you doing, who were you seeking?" He fired off the questions at me, he was lisping his words around his descended fangs and I shivered at the power that was swirling around his entire body.

Ahron chose that precise moment to slide himself over the arm of the chair and squished himself next to me on the cushioned seat. "Baby, he has the gift of telepathy, and he was seeking after a message he received. He has done it before so please try to calm down." He said as he tried to soothe our very own protective beast.

Stavos growled and shook his head, "There is no calming down, I don't know what the council or what my cousin is up to. I don't want them to use you, either of you as pawns to get to me. I told you my story and lately Nikolai has decided to start stalking me. I want you safe, so no contacting to speaking to anyone you don't know. I want you to make sure tat our mating bond is wide open at all times. No blocking until I can figure out what the hell they want from me now."

"But wouldn't be simpler if I just contact the messenger, they said to tell you the things are not what they seem and that the council is corrupt from within." I informed him. I understood that he feared for us, but I felt it would be easier just to get straight to the bottom of all this and get it over with. All these cryptic messages and warehouse problems was pure foolishness to me. Why can't they just state what the hell they wanted, and if it turns out that they want my mate or something like my twin and I then we can tell them to fuck off and go to war if it became necessary.