Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Stavos’ POV...

(The Water Guns------->)

I sauntered out of the kitchen and onto the back patio straight into the darkness of the night. I left my mates snuggling sweetly in the middle of my bed exactly where they belonged. I needed a  minute to myself. I could feel the pressure of my rage sinking down on me and I wanted to be no where near my loves when my beast is trying to break to the surface of my being. I stood there under the balmy Miami moon in just a pair of pajama bottoms as heat shimmered over my skin and boiled in my chest. I hated it, I hated times like these were my soul remembers the gruesome deaths of my family centuries ago and my beast, that untamed part of me cried out for vengeance.

It’s times like these that Nikolai should be more than happy that  he is on another continent, otherwise I would have drained him dry and burned his remains while happily dancing with his dead heart in my hand that I would have ripped from his chest while he still lived. My dearest cousin, the one who betrayed my father, my family, and me in his thirst for power.

None other than Dimitri and Gustave was ever aware that my own father was at one time the Leader of the Vampire Council, one of the original Elders that carried a great deal of power, and as the oldest son I was next in line to inherit a title I did not want. I hated everything the Council stood for, the policing of others Vampires, their selfish rules, killing innocents for power and fame, or simply because they felt threatened by others abilities. They always find false reasons to condemn and to therefore justify marking those they deemed not suitable to live.  I hated the falseness of it all, the hypocrisy, and before I gained my twenty-first year, I denounced myself of the title to my father utmost disappointment; so the mantle of responsibility then fell to my younger brother, Gregori, who actually coveted the position.

The pain my my chest coalesced almost causing me to bend over and grasp my knees the pain it was so great. I have carried the grief and the rage for so long that it feels like it’s embedded in my soul, and from time to time this dark part of my being rises up and reminds me of those dark days, like a token to never forget no matter how happy I find myself that I have another part that will never rest until I seek justice for my long deceased loved ones.

Slowly I made my way over to pool area and stood there looking at the water as it shimmered that beautiful iridescent indigo blue from the fluorescent light installed along the side and bottom of the pool. In getting to know my mates they had opened up and shared their darkest moments with me of finding their own parents brutally murdered along with all their servants in their very own home.

They explained the Council's interest in them because of the rarity in the Vampire world of being twins, and not only that; Ayden can manipulate air and fire, whereas, Ahron can control water and earth. Element benders, they were called and they are very rare indeed and I could see why Nikolai would want to get his filthy hands on them, never mind that he had an affinity for pretty young men and my babies were actually gorgeous, rare beauties of our kind. Their parents death’s were too eerily similar to my own

not to have Nikolai involved. He had slaughtered his own Uncle and almost his entire family to get the position of Leader of the Council and he has killed numerous times to keep it, he rules through death and fear and I so wanted to put an end to it, but then I would have to take my rightful place as Leader and that is the only thing that has stopped me from murdering that bastard.

My whole body was shaking and my eyes were glowing brilliant red with the ferocity of the anger and helplessness running through my veins, I needed to calm down, to cool off, and with trembling hands I shoved the pajamas bottoms to my feet and stepped out of them. I took the necessary steps towards the glistening water and dived in head first into the deep end, my body barely making a splash as I sliced through the water. I willed my thoughts to calm as I closed my eyes and floated there amongst the velvety caress of the water against my heated skin.