Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Caleb's POV...

(Sexy Caleb--------->)

For those who were missing Dimitri and Caleb a little, warning Nosebleed may occur.

Snapping my textbook closed with a pronounced thump in the otherwise quiet room, I arched my back to stretch out the soreness from sitting in one position for so long. I checked the time and a frown marred my face. It's literally been hours since Dimitri has been holed up in his home office with Stavos, Gustav, and some other people from his office.

I knew something was going on with his business, something serious enough to cause him a lot of concern. I have even noticed Stavos' growing agitation over it; he is usually self contained and withdrawn most of the time. That is unless his mates were present. They have always managed to bring him out of his self imposed shell so to speak. But their methods of doing so almost always had me blushing to the roots of my hair.

Those two are definitely not shy, that was for sure. They are so confident and so sure about themselves. They were born Vampire unlike me, who had to choose to die as a human to be turned as Vampire. And even with my mate and Irina teaching me the Vampire way of life, there were still some days I didn't have a clue as to what I am doing.

Dimitri was so patient with me, but lately he has been giving me subtle nudges to get out and mingle with the household and stop hiding in my books.

I chewed on my bottom lip indecisively. Just then my hearing picked up the sound of Ayden as he giggled at something his brother must have said. And Lord knows that I didn't want to know what that is. His laugh was so free and unaffected.  I decided to go downstairs to see what the naughty duo were up to now.

My bare feet barely made any noise on the polished marble as I stepped off the last step and made my way across the foyer, and down the hall into the kitchen. I stopped in the doorway and watched the twins as they buzzed around the kitchen. They pulled various bowls of different sizes from the cabinets and ingredients from the fridge and pantry.

It looked like they were getting ready to bake something judging by dry food stuff they gathered. I cleared my throat to get their attention although they probably heard me coming from upstairs. I noticed that Vampires tend to act as normal as any human would even with their advanced senses.

"Um....do you guys need some help?" I shyly asked as I fidgeted there in the entranceway. And I watched wide eyed as two identical sets of shimmering dark eyes locked onto my face with laser precision.

"Hey Cutie, of course you can join us. We are just going to make scones and coffee for the men when they decide to come up for some air." Ahron explained as he waved me into the room.

I had to say that I scrunched up my face in confusion before I replied. "I am sure Irina has a battalion of food prepared just for that occasion."

Aiden motioned me over to the sink and took my hands and ran them under the warm water flowing from the faucet.

"That's so true, but we need something to do, and now that you have dragged your sweet self away from your books we can have some fun." Ahron said and just the way he said it had me blushing.

Ayden laughed and told me not to pay him any mind. He was a hopeless pervert and went on to say that I would get used to him.

I just shook my head and walked over to the counter. They kept up a pleasant but hysterical banter about a little bit of everything, especially when they mimicked our particular mates. I almost had tears rolling down my face. I wasn’t paying attention to the knife in my hand and sliced right into my thumb.