Chapter IX: August

Nov

Nov. 27

Music was one of the only things that kept me sane. It helped block out the noise when everything was too loud, which was most of the time. Currently, I was laid on my bed with my eyes shut. I spent many moments like this, music blasting in my hears, my lights shut off, and my eyes shut letting my mind wander to whatever it choose. To no surprise it often wandered to no other than August Taylor.

He plagued my thoughts. If he knew how much I thought of him, what I thought of him he'd avoid me more than he already does. August didn't understand what he meant to me. He assumed my feelings for him were something of a silly crush. Maybe it was better if he didn't know.

When we were together everything in me calmed, I finally felt like things around me were settled, quiet. When he left there was this tugging feeling that filled my body. I had heard about before but experiencing it was another story.

-

I could still remember the first day I saw him. The smell of fresh air and pine leaves filled the halls. My wolf had been anxious the whole day, waiting for something, looking for something. I saw him from afar the first time, he was walking back to his classroom after a visit to the office. He was a good six inches shorter than me but his limbs were long and skinny. He was beautiful with an oddly feline like look in the way that his face was slim and his eyes slanted with hidden mystery. He may not have known but he was extremely hard to read, you could only see that he was observing everything around him. His hair was a dark brown color and came down to about his chin.

Later that day I ran into him, quite literally. In that moment it felt like everything had clicked into place.

"Are you okay?" I asked once my voice came back to me, my voice sounded rough and restrained.

He nodded in response looking dazed. I helped him up but selfishly I was more worried about feeling his skin against mine. A little electric feeling ran through my body.

"You look familiar." He spoke for the first time making me pause for the second time. His voice had an ease to it, it was light yet stable.

I held my breath as his dark eyes trailed over my face, becoming slightly nervous. My wolf however reveled in his attention.

"My brother is in your class." I tried my best to sound normal, letting the words calmly slip from my lips.

"Ezra!" He exclaimed when realization finally reached him. "Ezra Underwood. And you are?"

"Aries. Aries Underwood."

He nodded, squinting his eyes at me. "Well, I'll see you around." He waited for an answer and when I didn't give much of one he nodded again awkwardly and stepped past me.

When he was finally out of sight I relaxed, despite the slight tightening feeling in my chest. It was subtle and most likely my wolf was feeling the brute of it. His sadness filled my head. This feeling would only get worse the longer I spent away from the newly arrived teacher.