Chapter X: The First Storm

Nov

Nov. 27

-

I crashed our lips together. The moment our lips met fireworks seemed to go off in my mind and body. I could tell August felt it too by the way he shivered. My hand moved on its own, taking a protective position on his waist. He placed his shaking hands on either side of my face, the touch of his hands was soft, light.

The kiss was soft but there was an underlying feeling of need. It made our movements feel more automatic and less thoughtful. My heart beat quickly in my chest, I had never felt so nervous in my life. One of his hands crept towards the back of my head, lacing in my hair. Chills ran down my spine at the feeling.

The perfect moment was cut short when our tongues met. August pulled backwards as if brought back to reality by the rising level of intimacy. He didn't meet my eyes, instead he turned and slowly started to walk in the direction we came from. Like a hurt but still love sick idiot, I followed close behind him.

It took us around five minutes to get back to the house because of our slow pace. Everyone was where we had left them, except Josiah and Ezra were no where to be found. I sighed, standing in the doorway and watched August collect his parents. They quickly complied, one of his moms downing the glass of wine in her hands in the process.

I quickly cursed to myself as I watched them exit the house. His mother's kindly waved at me, but August gave me no gesture that he even knew I was there.

"We need to talk tomorrow morning. We have a problem." My mother said calmly as she approached me from the living room.

And what might that be...? I questioned to myself, repeating her words in my head. I guess we'll just have to find out.

-

-

After my mother's went to bed in the guest room I made my way to my own. I showered, trying to wash away the guilt that welled deep in my gut. But to no avail, it stayed, lingered. I couldn't help but feel in the wrong.

Plopping down in my bed I closed my eyes. The feeling of his body on mine stayed in my mind like an after image. When I closed my eyes I saw him, Aries. This isn't what I wanted. I wanted to get rid of the desire by kissing him. But it only made it worse.