Chapter 18: Bound and Sealed

Sage was on the man hands around his neck cursing him out as Teal sat in the corner sobbing.

The rest of the mates were running for help or hiding in panic.

The scene was quickly noticed by everyone above Dragon and guests alike.

      "What the..." Xerus thought and landed quickly. He rushed to Teal's side and nuzzled her while the workers pried Sage off her would be victim. Teal just sobbed without moving.

      "Stop, now..." one worker yelled

      "Release him now or pay the price" another snarled out a threat.

     "You" a supervisor quickly snatched him by the collar and yanked him backwards and got in his face "go back to the office, I will discuss that comment with you later." The supervisor stepped in and leaned over to Sage's ear

"Sage... knifejaw will trigger and attack if you don't relax, it is safe now," Sage released him slowly "we will deal with his mouth, you need to step back please."

      Sage stepped back with tears in her eyes and was immediately tackled.

     "Gently" the supervisor yelled.

"Sorry" The workers apologized as they gently helped her to her feet but held onto her tightly.

       Sage took a breath to calm herself as workers held her arms and braced her. The supervisor stood in between her and the man on the couch that was now able to breathe and being tended to by two other workers.

"Keep breathing son," the supervisor calmed him then turned to Sage "I know he has a mouth on him, and he can be dense but oxygen deprivation will not make him better."

Sage laughed lightly "it would make me feel better."

"Here comes Knifejaw..."

      Sage tried to free herself  "I'm fine now, let me go!" Her mate landed behind her, with one snarl the workers released her. Sage rushed to him sobbing, he nuzzled her with concern "Xerus... what..."

     "I don't know, get her to your nest." Nyala replied as she pace in the air worried "we need to separate them." She looked at Teal then announced to all Dragons "Who was watching what was going on down there?" Nyala demanded drawing the attention of all the Dragons above and below.

The rest of the Dragons in the flight ring silently admitted to have not been paying attention to the mates below... "does anyone have a clue what happened." Nyala growled

"Enough Nyala!" Xerus growled at her  "Tell Knifejaw to get her out of here now, we need to worry about our mates now and details later." Nyala did so and tried to remain calm herself.

      Knifejaw scooped up Sage and rushed her to their nest. Slamming the door behind him and bolting it.

       The crowd overhead was all clamoring for a look at once. The theories were quickly spreading about why the mates of the dragons had gotten violent.

       "Xerus, you are right..." she gestured at the growing chaos of the visitors "get Teal out of here" Nyala gestured for the hallway. Nodding in agreement he scooped Teal up and rushed to their nest. Nyala stayed behind to try and calm things down.

Xerus slammed and bolted the door as soon as he was inside the room with her then climbed into the nest.

     Once in the nest, Teal cuddled up to his scaly chest and sobbed.

Xerus didn't bother to change yet, he held her close and played with her hair with his tail.

After the sobbing cooled Teal finally got to the questions on her mind. "Am I going to die like all the others you bonded to?"