Chapter 12

"Let's sneak in through that gate. It has an exit that opens up to the other side of the mall, this building has three exits for your information." Hyein pointed at a glass door that opened up towards the lingerie store.

"But we need to find our friends first." Hoseok whispered loud enough for their group to hear as they all settled behind a wall where the zombies have not yet ventured.

"Unless your friends have turned into one of them or exited the building through that very gate then I don't know where you should be looking for them." Hyein commented and Hoseok "oh"ed. 

"That's right." I agreed. That's the only way to escape now that both of our options are closed.

Namjoon nodded and asked if any of us wanted to take the lead.

No one agreed so he decided to lead the team inside the store and look for the others.

Coming out of the hiding corner he crouched slightly and walked without making a noise or catching any attention of the zombies who growled and thrashed among each other, the rest followed him out one by one and soon, safely, everyone entered the store but just Namjoon was about to turn into one corner towards the counter a head popped up and literally everyone flinched, Hoseok almost yelled only for Jin to cover his mouth.

It was Jungkook from behind the counter.

"Jungkookie!" Jimin whispered and almost grabbed the youngest to a hug, Taehyung and Byul popped up to with a sigh of relief and they noticed an additional member to the team, Hyein just winked at them and they nodded as if it was the most normal thing for them now, nothing surprises them anymore.

Hyein took the lead from there as she ushered the three found members of the group towards the exit along with her.

"I didn't know there was a third exit." Byul whispered to me and I just nodded.

"Me too."

Few minutes of shuffling an silently walking, all of us made it out of the building to the back alley which was clear. I looked towards Tae, he was already looking back at me. I nodded at him as a sign that we managed to save Jungkook from getting infected today and that we need to continue doing it. He nodded back.

"Finally!" Jin exclaimed.

"The air outside is still so fresh than ever even when bodies are rotting everywhere." Yoongi joined.

"It's not yet over, we need to still be aware of the other dangers." Hyein looked at each of us.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hoseok was already done with all the things that happened today.

"The zombies may seem like a big obstacle right now but there are even worse obstacles that might resurface." She continued and I was already aware of what she meant and why she meant to say that.

"Dark Infinity." I finished.

"They'll be soon catching up to us, so we need to be as invisible as possible." Taehyung stated as well.

Hyein gaped at us.

"How do you know so much though?"

Both I and Tae shrugged.

"We just know."