Chapter 4

"Hey, I'm sorry about it, Namjoon-ah."

Namjoon paused and turned to look at Yoongi.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" he asked raising his eyebrow at the older male.

Yoongi just held his head down in shame.

"I don't know what overtook me....I was so scared all of a sudden, my legs didn't move...I felt like to give up."

Namjoon stopped filling his bag with cups of ramen before finally facing Yoongi.

"Hyung, I understand...we all get scared sometimes and its not a crime and yeah, it would be great if you don't give up this easily. There might be still some hope somewhere in this world."

Yoongi just stared at Namjoon who again turned around to fill his bag with all sorts of instant food that he could get.

It was a weird silence for Namjoon as he felt the tense aura coming from behind him, he was sure that his mild assurance didn't work well and also that the situation may turn bad if everyone starts to give up easily.

" How long are we gonna survive?" Yoongi mumbled as he heaved a breath whilst twisting open the cap of a water bottle, "Don't you think that fighting right now is nothing but useless? We might not even survive till the end....I have this weird feeling that...that we all have to part with each other."

Namjoon zipped his bag and pulled it around his shoulders and walked past Yoongi without saying anything but eager for a response, Yoongi caught his arm.

"Namjoon-ah, I'm really scared."

Running his hand through the tunnels of his hair Namjoon freed his arm.

"Hyung, it's still worth a try...I know what you mean and I understand you clearly, you think I'm not scared? We all are. I don't even know if I'll be alive and breathing tomorrow but at the end of the day we all gotta survive for now, if not then lets try."

Yoongi remained silent but nodded in response.

"I'll not disappoint you, Namjoon-ah."

Namjoon just smiled him.

"You never did."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Um Jin hyung, we were supposed to meet others by now." Hoseok whispered to Jin who was busy identifying the stale breads in the store.

"Yeah I know Hobi, they can wait alright?" Jin responded, "It seems like we need to have these stale breads instead."

An eerie silence prevailed and Hoseok gulped not liking it at all. Surprisingly, they didn't notice a single zombie on the street today, it was like they were out of the town for a vacation but sadly that's not a thing.

Hoseok flinched and stood firm in his spot as he heard a clanking sound.

"Hyung, did you hear that?"

Jin shook his head, "nope!"

Hoseok gulped and gathered the last amount of courage that he has and walked towards the counter of the store. He was sure to have heard something from there. Slowly moving forward he noticed a mouse running away from the counter.

He finally exhaled realizing that it was a rat who made that sound, It kind of made him happy that he didn't had to encounter something that he never wanted to see.

He smiled and looked towards Jin.

"Hyung, it was just a mouse...!"

Jin didn't reply him but stood there dazed with horror whilst staring back at Hoseok with his mouth agape.

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows as he was confused but then he realized that Jin was not looking at him, he was staring at something behind him.

A drop of sweat rolled down his forehead as he took in a sharp breath and turned his head.

His eyes widened in horror and his lips quivered as he realized that a zombie's face was just inches away from his.

The zombie's mouth was filled with blood as it stood there behind Hoseok ready to pounce any moment while on the other hand both the men stood in their place unable to move.

"H-Help!"

I know this is really short but please bear with me. Anyways, please leave a comment and vote.

-sv_sakura