Chapter 3

“This would take time,” Daniel was saying quickly after we finished observing the blueprints. “Things would have to go flawlessly, and so much could go wrong, but we’ve all been called here for a reason so clearly we’d be able to pull it off. What we should start with is-“

                “Yo, control freak,” I snapped at him. “Can we at least discuss something before you go barreling into this plan headfirst without our consent?”

                He glared at me but nodded. “By all means, go right ahead Miss Williams.”

                “First we need to know if everyone here actually wants to do this,” I started calmly. “Like Daniel said, this is going to take time. Maybe even a year or more. I don’t know about you but I do have a life,” I looked into all of their eyes. “Not to mention, there’s going to be costs to pay. If we got caught carrying out this plan, we are the ones getting the blame and not this mysterious person or group we’ve ever even met.”

                “I’m in,” Daniel said immediately. “This is a chance to do something big. Bigger than all of us.”

                “I like the idea of using the tricks to take the money from the rich and give it back to the ones who need it,” Henley spoke up. “Kinda like how magicians are said to have used to.”

                “To steal food from the higher ups and give it to the servants?” I clarified. “Yeah, it’d be pretty sick...”

                “I think I’ll be in this for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,” Merritt threw in, pondering. “I mean, there’s clearly gonna be something.”

                “You mean aside from being on the FBI’s most wanted list?” I questioned him.

                “Yeah,” Jack said, looking at us all quickly, “I’m not sure I want to go to jail, guys.”

                “Assuming everything goes to plan,” Daniel finally cut in, “you won’t. No one would be caught or hurt-“

                “Assuming everything goes to plan,” I mimicked him. “I’m not sure if you’ve exactly thought this through, but there’s at least 20,000 things that could go wrong with this.”

                I would’ve continued had I not noticed Henley and Jack both shivering slightly.

                “This isn’t the place for this,” I sighed. “Let’s say we did go through with this. We need a place for us all to stay, or at least be close, so we can all plan and make sure every single detail is perfect. Someplace we won’t get caught. And not Merritt’s apartment if his previous comment about his apartment being bad is true.” He laughed at that.

                “Well I can’t say my place is big enough,” Atlas confesses.

                “Nor mine,” Henley added. “Plus it’s in L.A., so it’d be hard for some of the things we do to go unnoticed I’m sure.”

                “My place would be okay I guess but I’m not sure it’s very comfortable for 5 of us...” Jack spoke quietly.

                It was silent for a few moments before I sighed.

                “My place is big enough, assuming you all aren’t completely against staying in Canada for that time. It could easily be arranged, and lord knows my roommate won’t care...” I trailed off, leaving it open for discussion.