Chapter 11

A/N: Changing up this chapter from the movie because hey, it's a fanfiction. My vision. Deal with it.

Also, I tried to write some of Daniel's feelings as to the whole Celine situation...hopefully that turned out okay.

Sorry for the wait. School is hectic. This chapter also isn't as long as I'd like it to be but...Well it seemed like a good place to end.

Hope you like it :)

PS. Sorry about errors, I was pretty tired when writing this and editing isn't my forte. Please comment and I'll fix it right away hopefully :)

Chapter 11

Daniel's Point of View.

The flight to New Orleans had taken off a short while ago, and frankly not much has happened. Henley, Jack and Jasmine were all talking, Art had just finished up a Skype interview, I was staring out of a window bored out of my mind, and Merritt and Celine were talking and laughing.

That...I did not like. Merritt's just an annoying, cocky mentalist, so why the hell does Celine like him so much?...

Holy shit. I'm actually jealous about this.

That realization made me shift uncomfortably a bit. Jealousy...it's a strange thing. I'm used to fans wanting me, or just getting bored in a relationship...jealousy hasn't been felt by me in a long time.

And...why? If I really think about it...what's so special about her anyways? She's just another assistant, a simple girl who uses magic as a little side job to make some cash. She's no model, no genius, no prodigy...she's relatively bland. Like a shadow...how she likes it. She admitted herself in her interrogation she had stage fright...No. Jealousy can't be what I'm feeling. There's no reason for it.

But still...all of this stuff is easy to lie about when I'm away from her, not looking at her or thinking too hard. And then I'd have to go and think back to those nights where we'd stay up talking, or the cute far-away look she got whenever she was planning or editing...The fondness in her voice whenever she referred to certain friends or old stories with Tuesday...

And what about last night? I mean, we slept together. Not like that...but it still happened. And surely the teasing, the laughing...everything that happened, that wasn't just friendship, right? I couldn't help but feel so pleased when I found that ticklish weakness of hers, the...carefree look on her face...I thought it might've been something. Until she pushed me off. That was disappointing...though I do have that advantage of me 'being special' and whatnot, what with the 'Daniel' thing...Or maybe I'm misinterpreting?

Damn it, girls are confusing.

But at the same time...she wasn't that confusing. She made sense to me...thought almost the same way. I mean, the interrogation proved it. What did that agent say...? 'You basically said the exact same things, same wording, even the same tone'...he was right. It was almost terrifying.

...Fucking hell. Feelings, why do they exist?

Alright, so what? So what if I like Celine? There's no reason to feel jealous of Merritt. They aren't as close as Celine and I are...so that should be fine. Right? Right.

...So then why is it still like a kick to the crotch when I hear Celine laughing at McKinney's jokes?

****************************************************************** *****************