Final Chapter

Celine's P.o.V.

It was hard to believe I was finally here. Here with Henley, Merritt and Daniel by my side, ascending in an elevator towards the final act, towards the goodbye, and towards my reveal.

The last few days....well they had been a blur. I didn't get as much time as I really wanted with Daniel, unfortunately, but that wasn't to say that nothing happened.

The day directly after we had confessed I was awoken to Daniel kissing me lightly and telling me we had to get a move on. We were running to take care of the safe, completing the "rabbit in the box" concept, except this time using the mirror to conceal the entire safe that we needed.

The next day I was woken by panic from the rest of the Horsemen.

"The firewall's down," Henley was saying, typing away frantically. "Do they know about this?"

"They who?" Daniel questioned, looking over something.

"'They', 'them', whoever we're working for," she clarified.

"There's a question, who are we working for?" I joined the conversation, walking in.

"Celine, help us burn stuff," Daniel instructed. Nodding, I began helping Jack out.

"Are we even prepared to go to jail for these people?" Merritt added on to my thought.

"Stop being paranoid," Daniel instructed.

"It really does happen," Merritt shot at him.

"Yeah, it happened to you. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen to us."

"Daniel, be nice," I tried to hush him, causing him to shoot me a look.

"Guys," Jack's meek voice spoke out, "I don't know if I can do this, all right? I don't want to go to jail, you know?"

"No one's going to jail, Jack," I tried calming him, but Atlas spoke over you.

"Then don't screw up. You're always talking about wanting to be treated like an adult. Now might be a good time to start acting like one."

"Daniel," snapping, I grabbed his arm and turned him to me. "You need to calm down."

"But I-" he was cut off by my small peck on his lips, which caused a faint smile to cross his face.

"Calm," was all I repeated before turning to continue to help burning things.

"I don't know what I'm doing here," Merritt's voice rang out, and you all turned to him.

"I don't know what you would do anywhere else," Atlas shot back, causing me to sigh. What did we just agree about 'calm'?

"I'm here for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. That's it. Then I'm gone."

"Thanks Merritt. I love you too," I mumbled, and he gave me an apologetic look before Henley spoke up.

"You can do whatever you want when this is over, Merritt. But until then, you stick to the plan."