Chapter 9

A/N: So, first off, this came out a bit later than I hoped for, so apologies. I was actually going to post this on the 10th or 11th, but on the 10th I got pretty damn sick and ended up being too dizzy to write anything.

                The sickness is still sort of here, but I wanted to write anyway. Apologies though if this is poorly written, I may go back and edit this later.

                Also, sorry if Daniel seems a little OOC, but I am trying to actually create a romance between Daniel and Celine, and I imagine him not always being a dick, you know? I can imagine he’d be quite sweet and slightly awkward when he opens up and likes someone, you know?

                Anyway, enjoy.

Chapter 9

Vegas   

Celine’s Point of View:

                “Merritt McKinney,” I finally heard being announced, “Daniel Atlas, Henley Reeves, Jack Wilder. Arthur Tressler and the MGM Grand proudly presents The Four Horsemen.”

                I sighed happily backstage. We were finally here. Act 1 of our performance was beginning, the tale of The Four (though actually Five) Horsemen starting, and I was so excited and nervous.

                Tuesday was back home in Canada and working on videos, so it was currently just the five of us. Not to mention, we did not at all want her running from the FBI with us. She isn’t involved and it’ll stay that way, even though it does slightly separate her and Jack.

                So, I was currently making sure everything was running smoothly on stage, ensuring they’re tricks went right, making sure the right clips were playing on the screens in the building, and also watching what was happening on a monitor that I had running.

                Fun times in the shadows, being unnoticed. Just how I like it. One of the best parts of being unnoticed was that I could casually be dressed in leggings and a slightly large white sweater, with my hair down loosely and glasses framing my face (I was getting tired of contacts).

                The others, however, looked amazing tonight. Jack and Merritt had cleaned up nicely, looking fairly attractive in their black outfits. Henley looked just a slight bit sexier than normal, making me slightly envious, but it certainly got the males in the crowd going which was fine with me. And Daniel...he looked...well let’s just say I always find guys significantly more attractive when they’re dressed up, so when I saw him I was pretty damn red and tried to avoid some eye contact. It was embarrassing.

                “Thank you,” Merritt was eventually saying as the crowd was frantically applauding. “Tonight we would like to try something that will, well, set us a bit apart.”

                It was Henley’s turn. “For our final trick, we’re gonna do something never before seen on a Las Vegas stage.”

                “Or any stage for that matter,” Jack added, making me smile. Good for the kid, getting his stage confidence up. He’s doing better than I ever would, that’s for sure.

                “Ladies and gentlemen,” Daniel spoke confidently in his somewhat captivating voice, making me pay a slight bit more attention. Ugh why am I so whipped..? “Tonight...we are going to rob a bank,” he clapped his hands together just as the audience began to roar with excitement.