Chapter 12

IMPORTANT A/N: Alright, so in this chapter there is going to be parts in text like this. That text is going to be the parts that are happening onstage at the time, while Celine is doing her parts backstage. It may be confusing but I assume you'll be able to follow when it comes along. If not, comment and I'll fix it for you.

                I also know very little about hacking into bank accounts, so bear with me here.

                A bit of fluff in this chapter :)

                Enjoy.

Chapter 12

                I let out a sigh as I tried to navigate the building the others were preparing to perform at. So I go on a little walk to lessen my nerves and I get lost? Of course, because why wouldn't I, right? Just my luck.

                It took me a while, but eventually I made it to the comfortable room filled with chairs and couches where the others were supposedly hanging out backstage. When I arrived though, there was an extra person.

                Thaddeus Bradley. That magic debunker off of TV...

                Well, that can only mean good things, right? *yes, note the sarcasm*.

                "Um," I heard Daniel say, and I stepped just out of sight of the door so I could listen without interrupting, my laptop clenched tightly to my chest. "Wait, before you go, I'm just, ah, I'm working on something new, do you have a second?" When there was no response he continued. "Okay, ah...name a card."

                "King of hearts," Bradley threw out.

                "Knew it," Merritt called childishly. I held back a giggle.

                "Okay," Daniel said, and I heard him snap his fingers. A few seconds later he blew on the deck, and I furrowed my brows. Was he doing what I thought he was?

                "It's up your left sleeve," I heard Thaddeus say.

                "Is it?" Daniel asked, faking ignorance. He and the others must've checked, because they each said a variation of 'no' afterwards. "No, I don't see it up there," Daniel continued "You know, why don't you check your unnecessary velveteen pocket there. Yeah."

                I decided to make myself appear, just as Bradley was pulling a card out of his suit with the words "SUCK IT" written on it.

                Huh...he used my trick.

                "Well, Mr. Bradley," I spoke out, "thanks so much for your time, but this is sort of a talent only area..." I grinned cheekily at the man.

                "And who are you?" he questioned me rudely.

                "A friend," I replied simply. "Now please, you have to leave. They have a show to perform. Or do I have to call security?"

                He glared at me slightly but didn't retort, knowing I won. He glanced to the others. "Break a leg."

                "Hey, you break something too," Merritt added to him.

                Bradley walked out, and I turned to the others.

                "Nicely done," McKinney smiled at me.