thirteen

< Saturday 17th, 2021 >

{ Ashton }

As I woke up and slowly got out of bed, Holland stayed asleep. She's only got a few more days before she has to get back into work, so she's soaking up her last few sleep-in days.

As I got out of bed, I made sure Holland was still covered. She will wake up instantly if she feels the cold air. I headed out into the main area and got coffee started then pulled out some things to make breakfast.

I was excited for today. Holland and I had nothing to do until later where we will be going out to eat with our friends for Luke's birthday. Holland and I got a lot of time together at home during quarantine, but once things started lifting, we both got busy and didn't get much time together.

As I finished up breakfast, I heard the bedroom door open, telling me Holland was awake,

"Good morning" Holland smiled as she walked into the kitchen, wearing one of my large shirts that came down to her mid-thigh,

"Good morning" I grinned and pecked her lips and hugged her, "I made breakfast"

Hollan grinned and grabbed a plate and sat at the counter. I grabbed mine and got us both coffee then sat next to her.

"Can we go for a walk when we finish?" she asked, laying her head against my shoulder,

"We can do that. Then maybe we can come back, shower, and be lazy" I grinned, making Holland laugh but also nod.

****

After cleaning up breakfast, Holland and I changed and headed out for our walk. Anytime we take a walk, we try and go early so our weird neighbors aren't out,

"You know, when we move we can walk whenever we want" Holland squeezed my hand,

"And we will have sidewalks to walk on instead of the road" I added. We basically risk our lives when we walk here,

"God, I can't wait to move" Holland spoke, "I honestly just can't wait for everything. I'm ready to get married, I'm ready to move, and I'm ready to begin our life together"

"Me too honey. But May will be here before we know it. Plus we'll be moving most likely by the beginning of the year- well we need to get our house plans approved so that stays the plan"

We finished up our house plans a few days ago and sent them off to be approved by the new neighborhood's homeowners association. Once they get approved, we will send them to the builder and the house will get started.

****

After showering, Holland and I laid on the couch. I laid on my back as she laid directly on top of me with her head laying on my chest, just beneath my chin. Her arms wrapped around my torso and I quickly grabbed a blanket and pulled it over us.    

I'll be honest, before I met Holland, I was not a cuddler. I hated cuddling and I hated hugs and such. But after meeting Holland, I changed. She was a cuddler and a hugger and I started to enjoy it to the point where I loved settling down and just cuddling with her,

"Oh hey" Holland slightly lifted her head, "Are you busy Monday?"

"Not that I'm aware. Why?"

"I get back in my classroom Monday. Will you help me set it up?"

I smiled with a nod. I've helped her set up once before and it was fun,