forty-six

< October >
< Monday 31, 2022 >

{ Holland }

Ashton and I have quite a busy day. It's Halloween so of course we were invited to Michael's annual Halloween party, but we also have an appointment for a 3D ultrasound and we have to be home by 2:00 so that the nursery furniture can be delivered.

I got up before Ashton this morning, which is rare. Usually Ashton's up and either holding me or downstairs drinking coffee and watching Lakefront Bargains- his newest obsession since he's all about us buying our own lake house (but that's a story for another time).

I stood from bed and stretched out, causing baby boy to instantly start moving around. I smiled and let my hand move to where he was and headed downstairs.

I went to the kitchen and made myself a small iced coffee and started Ashton a pot. I was going to just relax but the kitchen was an absolute mess so I needed to take care of that.

I cleaned the counters and stove, then unloaded the dishwasher. As I loaded it, arms snaked around my waist, resting under my bump,

"Good morning honey" Ashton's voice rasped, "Thanks for the coffee"

"Of course" I smiled and turned to kiss his lips, "I'm going to go get ready. We need to leave by 9:30"

Ashton very sleepily nodded and sat at the counter, making me laugh before walking up to our room.

I got dressed comfily and brushed my teeth. As I started doing some light makeup, baby decided he wanted to kick the shit out of me, making me want to double over,

"Are you okay?" I heard Ashton's panicked voice as my eyes shut,

"Little man is very active and he just kicked my rib" I spoke, opening my eyes, "If he's active though, that means his picture today should be good"

"Maybe he'll calm down some then when we get there he'll be active again" Ashton rubbed my back, "I'm going to get dressed then we can go"

I nodded and quickly finished up and headed downstairs and simply just got in the car to wait for him.

Ashton finally got in the car and got situated and we headed out.

****

As we came out of the 3D ultrasound appointment, Ashton and I couldn't stop laughing. We were in there for over an hour and got one picture of his face and every other one was his butt,

"I'm glad we paid all that money and got ass pics" Ashton chuckled as he opened my door for me to get in the car,

"If this is how he is in the womb, he's totally gonna be the kid obsessed with butts" I laughed back,

"Come on buddy. Mommy and I just wanted to see you" Ashton leaned down and kissed my stomach and laughed.

Once he pulled back, he closed my door and walked around getting in the driver's seat,

"You hungry Momma?" he asked, his hand finding its usual place on my leg,

"Yes" I groaned, "Mcdonald's"

Ashton turned his nose up but nodded. He knew better than to complain. He knows it's really what baby wants, but what baby wants is what I end up wanting.

Luckily there was a Mcdonald's right across the street, so we swung in the drive-thru and headed towards home so we could be there when we get the delivery for baby's room.

But as we pulled up to the house, in front of our garage were all our boxes of furniture for the nursery- two hours earlier than it was supposed to be here,