Chapter 3

Road to Spa of Reyes
Kira's POV

"I know but you've been stuck on identifying the reason the power converter keeps on crashing for four days now," He responded, taking my hands into his and caressing them. "Team Mc-Yukimura is the best team Yukimura Powers has and it normally doesn't spend a week dealing with the same problem without getting anywhere.

This only happens when it's overworked and it needs to cool off before getting back to work.

I know I promised not to do this again but remember that I had a condition that I would pull the plug if you overwork yourself and/or your team and guess what, 私の愛/watashi no ai (my love), you're overworking yourself and your team."

Although I didn't want to admit it, he was right and this was one of the reasons my team loved him and renamed Team Yukimura to Team Mc-Yukimura. He was a part of the team in this manner.

"Fine," I gave in and he rewarded me with a chaste kiss before sitting back but I wanted more. "A chaste kiss isn't the right way to start the weekend, husband."

"It isn't, wife?" Scott asked although the corners of his lips said that he agreed.

"Nope. This is, though." I answered before I showed him exactly what I had in mind.

Sadly, someone decided to disturb us with a phone call.

"If I'm not going to work, neither are you going to receive calls when we're making out," I said, taking Scott's ringing phone out of his pocket and ended the call with my eyes on his flickering ones in anticipation and then threw it on another seat and moved to resume where we left off.

"Scott, you're not gonna believe who I met a few minutes ago," Aiden's voice suddenly came from Scott's phone and I regretted not making sure that I ended the call and switched off the phone.

"Not now, Aiden!" Scott replied with an uneven breath.

"Trust me, man." Aiden insisted. "You want to know this ahead of time and warn Kira before it's too late."

OK, Aiden had our attention now.

"Warn me about what?" I asked, retrieving the phone and then putting the call on the loudspeaker.

"Hey, Kira!" Aiden greeted with his voice a little high pitched, obviously taken off guard.

"What is it, Aiden?" Scott inquired.

"Um, (a nervous laugh) Allison Argent is in town. I found her at Natalie's house and Natalie asked me to take her to see Lydia so I'm leading her to the spa."

Stunned silence.

"Ar-are you sure it's her?" Scott asked with a controlled tone. "She hasn't been in town since high school."

"It's definitely her, Scott. Where are you?"

"We're a few minutes away from the spa," I answered since I was sure Scott was processing the news with a lot more weight than I was.

"OK, change of plans. Could you please pick up Lydia from our house?"

"What about the surprise?"

"If you don't mind, I'd like to use the new variable as the surprise," Aiden responded. "You picking up Lydia will surprise and spoil the surprise we had, leaving her completely blindsided to the new surprise."

"You're aware that the last time Allison was in town she went after Derek and his pack, right?" Scott asked just to make sure Aiden remembered because we all knew this.

"Yeah. Fortunately, Erica isn't going to be at the spa, only staff members that we usually use and are discreet complete with an NDA signed. You can inform Derek after we leave Spa of Reyes."

"Derek isn't going to like this."

"Well, you didn't like the idea of Peter and Melissa dating and you sure hated the idea of them marrying but Derek got you to accept both." Aiden reminded. "Use that. This is for Lydia."

"And getting a rise out of Derek," Scott added knowingly.

"You know me too well," Aiden admitted automatically but backtracked. "No! This is all about Lydia reuniting with an old friend. So, what do you say?"

Scott looked at me and mouthed that it was all in my hands.

"Fine," I said with a sigh. "But you owe us."

"Alright."

"Wait," Scott said. "Who did she come with? Did she come with her father and an army or is she alone?"

"I... Have no idea." Aiden replied, realising that he missed important information.

"So you're bringing a possible threat to our downtime and you don't even know her that level?" I questioned.

"I know that she has metal on her and that she didn't know that Derek is still an Alpha."

"That's not enough and since this is on you, call Danny and ask him to do a quick background check on Allison and her father and then assess their threat level and inform us. We'll alert the others except for Lydia," Scott responded.

"Sure thing."

"Oh, and, Aiden, before you call Danny call Boyd Securities to make sure we don't get any bad surprises and our children and parents and Hale Pack are safe," I added.

"You got it," Aiden replied. "Sorry, guys."

"It's cool, man," Scott replied while I gave Jessica new instructions and took out my phone. "Thanks for giving us a heads up. Now we just have to hope Derek doesn't find out before we tell him."

Immediately after the call ended we called the pack and alerted them and then silence reigned for a few moments.

"What's on your mind?" I asked Scott.

"Everything and nothing." He replied with closed eyes. "I used to think that she would come back. I was sure she would return at the start of summer break but the closer we got to our high school junior year the more I had doubts and then I met you and everything just faded. And now..."

"And now she's back." I completed.

"Yeah. And I don't even know if it's as a friend or foe. We're no longer the kids we were a dozen years ago." Scott said and then opened his eyes to look at me. "What about you? What's on your mind?"

"Well, my husband's high school sophomore year ex-girlfriend is in town and we don't know her motives and there is this movie that has been over-advertised recently about a similar situation and with everything I've heard about what you had I feel a little threatened, especially because I've been so busy that you went behind my back and arranged a getaway for us just to get my attention and this isn't the first time," I answered honestly.