Chapter 5

Steiner House
Scott's POV

As I exited Aiden and Lydia's house I couldn't help the building anticipation of what was to come and since my pants' zipper was broken I figured I'd surprise Kira too.

Since she was going to wear a red and black party dress, I was going to complement her dress code.

"Hey, Jess, please get me my phone," I asked from a few steps away and Jessica retrieved the phone from the limousine and gave it to me. "Thanks. The ladies are taking the limo and meeting us at the spa."

"How will you get there, sir?" She asked and I made a phone call in response.

"Aiden, I need to borrow your bike," I said when he answered and a few minutes later I left on Aiden's bike, my destination being Ethan and Mason's clothing store for men EM Clothes.

On my way there, however, my thoughts turned to Allison Argent.

Honestly, I was still processing her return and presence in Beacon Hills and I was extremely grateful for the heads up Aiden gave Kira and me.

I wondered if she was married like I was and if she had a child or two yet, and if so, if she was happy.

Deep down, there was a question of why she didn't seek me out first and I knew it was irrational but it was still there.

What had me, though, was that I didn't know why Allison was back in town because I didn't know if she was a threat or not. I hated thinking of her as a possible enemy but I had to.

I was no longer the teenage boy madly in love for the very first time.

No.

I was now a man of twenty-eight years going on twenty-nine madly in love with my vixen of a wife of six years and a father of one special five-year-old boy whose maternal grandfather loved me like a son and maternal grandmother saw past the fact that her kitsune daughter fell in love with a werewolf, married him and had a child with him and accepted and loved me and our son as part of the ancient kitsune clan of Yukimura.

Yes, I was no longer the boy I once was and I could say the same about Allison Argent even though I haven't seen her in over a decade and that's what worried me, what had me open to the possibility of Allison having returned as an enemy.

My years of experience in the supernatural world didn't allow me to overlook the possibility, especially when Derek bit her mother Victoria to save me and I outsmarted and planned and killed her grandfather Gerard using Derek.

Oh, and that was not forgetting that my stepfather Peter killed Allison's aunt Kate right before her eyes, and I did the same with her grandfather. I had reasons to be more cautious than happy with Allison's return although a part of me couldn't wait to see her again.

Thoughts of Allison Argent occupied my mind until I reached EM Clothes and I made the effort to push them to the side so I could get myself new clothes to complement Kira's dress.

"I'm sorry, sir. We're closing." A salesman told me when I reached the entrance and I raised an eyebrow at that.

I wasn't someone doors closed on, rather, I was someone doors opened for even when they were locked.

"My apologizes, Dr McCall." Ben, a veteran salesman at the store said, approaching us. "My colleague just moved here. How may I help you?"

"It's alright, Ben," I replied entering the store. "I need a black and red outfit to compliment my wife's red and black party dress. More black than red. I think her dress is more red than black."

"I've got a few outfits in mind," Ben responded.

"Who is he?" I heard the salesman we left behind ask one of his colleagues.

"The object of many women and men's unattainable desire and men's admiration and envy." The colleague answered. "And a very good friend of our employers. He's Dr Scott McCall and has at least one more title besides Mr but you're a newbie so you're not privileged to know it. Come on, let's close the store. Ben has this handled."

Dr Scott McCall. Just hearing that brought a smile to my face because I earned that title although I didn't get it the way that I thought I would.

My goal was to become a veterinarian like my mentor Dr Alan Deaton but after high school, I was invited to study at a medical school that focused on the supernatural and supernaturals although that was not public knowledge.

Few in the supernatural world even knew about it and I wasn't allowed to tell anyone, something that contributed to my breakup with Kira.

It wasn't until my final year that I learned that the school was founded by Dread Doctors and they abandoned it to focus on their life goal, resurrecting Sébastien Valet, the Beast of Gevaudan.

Since everyone had their own thing, we separated after high school to pursue our dreams but we kept in touch and as though discussed we all returned to Beacon Hills afterwards, although we returned at different times while some didn't leave at all.

I...

That thought was cut off by my phone ringing and I answered with my eyes on the outfits Ben was showing me.

"Scotty, you won't believe who is back in Beacon Hills!" Stiles said in greeting.

I should have expected this but I didn't.

As much as Stiles was part of Hale Pack and wasn't let in on Syzygy Pack secrets, he worked with Danny at their private investigation company, it was more than that and was working tonight, the company was doing some very important hardware upgrades, part of Stiles' responsibilities, hence he wasn't joining the celebration this weekend.