Chapter 14

Spa of Reyes

"Allison," Scott said in surprise.

"Sorry," Allison apologized for eavesdropping. "I was passing by, and I overheard you."

"Don't do it again," Mason instructed sternly. "We don't take kindly to being spied on, especially by old friends, but you're right. I'll leave you two alone to figure it out."

With that, Mason left the room and went to the massaging room while Scott motioned for Allison to follow him, and she did.

He took her to a sauna which he had set up to maintain their shower conditioning but once they were inside silence reigned for a while.

"How much did you hear?" Scott broke the awkward silence after some time.

"Just enough to know that Kira is your last love," Allison answered and then asked. "Are you happy?"

"Yes," Scott replied. "I'm happy. What about you? Have you forgiven yourself?"

"I have, for the most part. I think I have to speak with Boyd and Erica to apologize for what I did to them. They didn't deserve my wrath. And I think I should speak with Derek to find out how he turned my mother, exactly. Something doesn't add up."

"I learned over the years that there are things that you just have to let go of before you hurt yourself, Allison."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Allison questioned.

"It means be careful what you wish for because sometimes you might think that you want to know the truth, but the truth can be an ugly thing," Scott answered ominously to Allison's confusion.

"I don't understand how knowing what happened to my mother can be an ugly thing," She said, paused and then added. "Unless maybe you know what happened."

"Do you really want to know, though?"

"Yes, Scott!" Allison replied standing up. "I became someone I was not because of what happened to her, so if you know something please just tell me so that I can get the closure I've been seeking for years, but I couldn't find."

Scott took a few deep breaths to prepare himself, now feeling like he owed her the truth, although it was bound to hurt her and possibly earn him her hate.

But maybe it was best that Allison hated him because that way she would stay away from him, and he wouldn't have to smell her familiar scent that reminded him of days past and her soft skin.

Why he chose the sauna of all places for them to speak was a mystery to him because now the room smelled like her, her natural scent that matured so well with age like fine wine, and it called for just one more...

"Scott," Allison called his name and he opened his eyes, having not realised that he closed them but even more, that he had shifted to his human form at some point since closing his eyes.

This being the first time seeing Scott's mature human face, Allison had to stop and just appreciate his handsome face with a groomed beard that she wanted to feel caress her face while they made up for lost time and just...

A clearing of a throat by none other than the object of her mini-daydream quickly returned her to Earth and she just as quickly looked the other way.

"Do you really want to know?" Scott asked, very much aware of the change in Allison's scent even as she moved to the other side of the sauna and sat across from him.

"Yes, I want to know, I have to know," Allison responded, fully aware of how Scott shifted to hide an erection and that made her feel a little better knowing that she still had that effect on him just as he did with her, oh, and his voice...

"OK, but there's no easy way of saying this, so I'm just going to say it like it was," Scott warned and Allison gave the go-ahead, her mind focusing on the topic at hand and preparing her for what she was about to learn. "I crossed paths with your mother a few minutes after we argued at the rave and I left to make sure the plan didn't fall apart.

By crossing paths I mean your mother hit me with her car hard enough that I lost consciousness."

And just like that Scott's ominous warning started to make sense, but it was too late to turn back now. Allison wanted to hear more, although she didn't really want to at the same time.

"I woke up in my werewolf form on a flatbed trolley feeling weak, so weak that I couldn't stand," He continued with a distant look. "Mrs Argent made sure to tell me what was happening and what she was doing.

I'm not sure where we were, but it looked like a room at a warehouse, and she explained that she was killing me with vaporized wolfsbane, one of her favorites.

She explained that she chose to vaporizer the wolfsbane because of my well-documented history of severe asthma as people would believe that I relapsed and suffered an asthma attack and couldn't reach my inhaler.

While she taunted me about being an omega, I gathered whatever strength I had left and howled for Derek to come and save me since I joined his pack after Gerard threatened to kill my mother if I didn't do what he wanted and instructed me to get close to Derek.

I think I passed out after that because I don't remember anything, except asking your mother to tell you that I was sorry.

Derek bit your mother because I called him to save me, and he came to my rescue, but the room was filled with vaporized wolfsbane, which triggered werewolves to transform involuntarily, and he somehow bit your mother while they fought.

He isn't sure how he bit your mother because he was disoriented by the wolfsbane he inhales when he entered the room.

This is the ugly truth, Allison.

Your mother tried to kill me and I called Derek to save me, and he came to my rescue and bit your mother in the process.

Your mother then went along with the so-called 'Code of Honor' and committed suicide like many werewolf hunters before her to not become what she hated and spent most of her adult life hunting."