Chapter 15

Spa of Reyes
Allison's POV

Scott was right, the truth could be an ugly thing and the truth he just told me was definitely an ugly thing.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I questioned after a while.

"Do you remember how you struggled to grieve for Kate because of what she did?" Scott asked in turn and I did remember, I also remembered how he convinced me that I had the right to grieve for the aunt I knew regardless of whom she turned out to be. "I couldn't tell you because I remembered that and how conflicted you were.

Maybe telling you the truth would have spared you from Gerard's manipulation, but we hardly spoke after the rave and I didn't expect your mother to kill herself.

She was always so controlled that I didn't think much fazed her. I mean she was more intimidating than Kate and your father combined, I thought she could handle being a werewolf way better than I did, and she knew a lot about werewolves.

On the other hand, Gerard was pressuring me to gain more of Derek's trust and spy for him, so I convinced Derek to not say anything and made it seem like not sharing the secret and keeping it to ourselves bonded us for life, that it made us the brothers he claimed we were on the night of my first transformation, and he saved me from your father and his hunting party.

This was why Derek felt betrayed when I revealed my master plan to stop Gerard once and for all after it succeeded, and I told him that he might have been an Alpha, but he wasn't my Alpha.

Gerard's taunt about how I was willing to do anything for you didn't help because it was true and Derek knew it, I had proven it by making him bite Gerard, after all. Things were bad between us after that, but he kept his word and didn't say anything about your mother.

There are only two people that know what happened, Derek and me, not counting your father. Derek didn't say much to Alan despite having taken me to him."

This was a lot for me to process, a lot.

But as much as it hurt to find out what really happened, I got the answers I was looking for, and I connected the dots to one man's doing; Gerard Argent who confessed to being capable of murdering his own son if it meant surviving.

My mother, Derek, Scott and I were not blameless, my father included, but Gerard played us well, and we allowed him to until Scott put an end to him, and I was glad he suffered before he died because I remembered what he said when I left the rave and 'coincidentally' walked into him.
FLASHBACK: START
Outside Rave Warehouse

"Hey, hey, hey. It's just me. We better get you out of here." Gerard said after coming out of nowhere.

"It didn't work," I responded. "None of it, none of it worked."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," He replied quite reassuringly for some reason and if I wasn't a mess maybe I would have noticed the smug and certain tone he failed to hide completely. "In fact, I'd say the prognosis isn't nearly as dire as it seems, not nearly."
FLASHBACK: END
Everything from the moment Gerard set foot in Beacon Hills pointed to his master plan to cure his cancer, and we all played his game and danced to his tune and my mother paid the ultimate price to set the main event.

Thankfully, Scott saw right through Gerard and his master plan and secured everyone the last laugh, although it was bittersweet, more bitter than sweet.

"Thanks for telling me," I voiced my gratitude and Scott nodded. "Could you leave me alone, I need some time to myself to process."

"Sure, but don't stay in here for too long," He replied standing up. "The sauna is set for after shower but if you stay too long..."

"I understand," I responded standing up as well.

"It took me a long time to heal, and I know that I'm still healing, we all are, hence I know it will take more than a few minutes for you to process this," Scott said, and he was right. "If you allow me, I can include our therapist's card in your Spa of Reyes giveaway package."

"You have a therapist?"

"Yeah," He confirmed. "Two, actually. Mason is our main therapist Marin's mentee, Alan's sister.

With the kind of lives we've lived and we still live, taking care of our mental health is extremely important, especially because most of us heal pretty fast physically, but we can't say the same psychologically.

Although Beacon Hills accepted our existence, and it has been fully aware of the existence of the supernatural for a little over ten years now, and we're the city's dirty secret celebrities and divine to some locals, the attention we get, both positive and negative, can get overwhelming sometimes, so, our mental health is a priority."

"Alright, you can include the card," I allowed, having almost forgotten that Beacon Hills had an open secret that shockingly didn't leave its borders. "Thanks, Scott."

"You're welcome."

And with that, Scott left me alone and though we didn't speak about everything, this was a start.
TRANSITION
Kira's POV

Scott finally arrived in the co-ed group massage room a while after Mason and thanked Mason, who grunted his acknowledgement, before he entered our cubicle and I had to say, it seemed his talk with Allison did him some good like it took some burden off his shoulders.

I was glad, he had a lot on his shoulders. We all did, but he was our leader and carried a little extra as the leader of our chosen family we called a pack.

Scott chased away these thoughts by kissing me, taking advantage of the fact that I was facing up and getting frontal massage first, and I was relieved that I only tasted him, and so I deepened the kids.

"Uh (Clearing of the throat), Dr and Mrs McCall, I don't think it's appropriate to be kissing like this in front of us," My masseuse said uncomfortably.

"Oh, right, sorry," Scott apologized and went to his massage platform. "My wife is just too beautiful to resist sometimes, and demanding too."

"Sometimes?" Harley questioned from her cubicle with Tracy. "Really?"

I giggle at that.
TRANSITION
Allison arrived a few minutes later and joined Harley and Tracy, and so Syzygy Pack and its guest enjoyed the start of their workless weekend, with the pessimists of the Pack hoping their guest realized that Scott McCall was a Teen Wolf No More.