Chapter 9

Spa of Reyes
Harley's POV

A little over twelve years ago, a severe asthmatic Scott McCall went to Beacon Hills Preserve with Mieczysław "Stiles" Stilinski but left the Preserve alone and asthma free.

A few hours later, the following day, Scott manifested his first werewolf ability, super-hearing, by hearing a phone ring outside while in English class and overheard a conversation between a teenage daughter and a mother.

A few minutes later, the teenage daughter was brought into Scott's English class and was introduced as Allison Argent, a new student at the school.

A few seconds later, after she found a seat behind Scott, Scott promptly borrowed her a pen out of nowhere, and she thanked him, although she wondered how he knew that she forgot her pen and needed one.

That mystery sparked an interest in Allison, and over the second semester of their sophomore year, that spark of interest turned into full-blown love and a passionate romantic relationship between Allison and Scott.

Their relationship was the most intense I've ever witnessed in my life to this day, and maybe that was why it was short-lived, for a light bulb that shines twice as bright burns out twice as fast, although their relationship didn't really burn out, it just faced a lot of obstacles.

One major obstacle was that Allison was from a human family of werewolf hunters and Scott was a werewolf, having been turned into one on the night he went to the Preserve with Stiles.

From this major obstacle came Allison's grandfather Gerard Argent, the man that played chess with our lives and everyone, including his family, and almost had us checkmated.

Almost because Scott outsmarted Gerard and took him out, permanently.

But by then, Gerard had twisted Allison's grief from her mother's death, suicide really, as it was what the 'honor' code for werewolf hunters bitten by Alpha werewolves demanded.

Apparently, Derek bit Allison's mother, but the details were murky.

Gerard used that to bring out the worst in Allison, or maybe it was the best huntress in Allison because she was extremely close to taking out Derek's Pack, and if Gerard didn't betray her, she would have, but she refused to harm Scott.

After all was said and done and Gerard's schemes were exposed, Allison and Scott officially broke up before she left for France with her father.

Scott was certain that Allison would return, and they would resume their forbidden relationship.

They had done something Juliet and Romeo couldn't do, even though their tragic love story was seen as the ultimate love story, after all, and Allison's father had 'lowered' himself, and acknowledged that Scott truly loved Allison, and she loved him back and asked to join forces with Scott to save Allison from turning into Kate 2.0.

But Allison didn't return to Beacon Hills when school opened and we entered our junior year.

Kira Yukimura moved to Beacon Hills and enrolled at Beacon Hills High School, however, and she and Scott struck a friendship and connected, and Kira's father Ken liked Scott from the beginning, so much so that he invited Scott to dinner at his house within a week.

Unlike the dinners Scott had with the Argent family, the dinner Scott had with the Yukimura family didn't include interrogation, intimidation or anything along the lines disguised as dinner.

Scott said that he spent the first few minutes waiting for something along the lines of the Argent family dinners he attended to happen, but his guard dropped without him noticing until he arrived home and reflected due to how welcoming the family was.

Instead of leaving the Yukimura home with fear in his heart, Scott left it with deep thoughts, like why his mother kept his father's surname after they divorced due to Ken sharing that he took Kira's mother Noshiko's surname when they married because she was the last surviving member of her family and Noshiko added that they married in Japan.

Scott learned a few days later that Ken invited him to dinner because Kira liked him, despite Scott having overhead Kira telling Ken that she didn't want a boyfriend but a friend, when Ken brought a research Kira did for Scott but forgot at home to her while they were conversing, and by research, I meant a huge pile of pages neatly organized complete with an index.

Yeah, Kira wasn't subtle but neither was Ken. Noshiko was, though, when she wasn't commanding her personal oni army.

But I was going on a tangent so back to the story.

Allison didn't return when we entered senior year either but Kira and Scott were dating for some time by then, and were going strong, until Dread Doctors arrived in Beacon Hills with Theo Raeken who destroyed Syzygy Pack from the inside by using our insecurities and exploiting our weaknesses and flaws.

Things got so bad that Liam (Scott's first and only bitten beta) and Scott, and Scott and Stiles couldn't stay in the same pack.

Since Scott was the lead Alpha of Syzygy Pack and neither Aiden nor Ethan could bring themselves to replace him, even though the Pack was in shambles and Aiden resented Scott, mostly due to jealousy for how close he was with Ethan and Lydia almost always sided with him, Derek welcomed Liam and Stiles into Hale Pack.

What Liam and Stiles and everyone, except Boyd, Derek, Scott and me, didn't know was that Scott met with Derek and asked him to offer Liam and Stiles a place in his pack because some things were just irreparable, but he didn't want to leave Liam and Stiles out in the cold, especially when they gained a lot of enemies as part of our pack.