Chapter 12

Spa of Reyes
Kira's POV

"Allison?" A shocked Lydia began.

"Hi," Allison gave a small wave just before Lydia ran towards her screaming:

"Allison!"

We watched as Allison caught Lydia and they embraced tightly like good old friends, and that was exactly what they were, I reminded myself.

But the sight was weird, we were not as welcoming of old friends as we were as teenagers after Theo set us to self destruct and killed Scott after Scott was severely weakened by modified wolfsbane and a supermoon charged and angry Liam, which was why Scott never made a second Beta and he didn't intend to.

"How about we sneak away and finish what we started earlier?" Scott whispered in my ear from behind me with his arms settling around my waist while my tails made way for him and then hugged him and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"As much as I would love to do that, I want this dress to survive the evening, unlike the previous one," I replied but turned my head for a kiss.

"Exercise a little control, you two," Mason said. "We have a guest."

Speaking of...

"Wow!" Lydia expressed as she separated and took a step back to take a good look at Allison. "I can't believe you're here! How long has it been?"

"About twelve years," Allison answered, following Lydia to a couch.

"Wow! Aiden was right..."

"Like always," Aiden interjected.

"Thanks, Corey. I know..."

"For what? I brought Allison here." Aiden responded, surprising Lydia.

"You did?"

"Of course, I did. Just for you"

"Don't take all the credit, Aiden," Mason said.

"You aren't the one who was almost shot with an arrow," Aiden replied and we all looked at Allison, our guards ever so slightly increasing although they were already up.

"So, you're still a hunter," Harley stated more than ask.

"Um, no," Allison answered standing up, shoulders tense. "My father and I left that life here twelve years ago, it's one of the reasons we didn't return. But I carry a few weapons to protect myself. Leaving this world doesn't mean that you forget about it and everything goes back to the way it was before you knew about it, you know."

"I can confirm that Allison and her father gave up their family legacy twelve years ago," Aiden concurred, joining Allison and Lydia on the couch for three while we sat on ours, mostly to appear less threatening so Allison would drop her guard a little so we could get more information out of her.

"How do you know?" Allison asked.

"It's my job to know such things."

"So, why are you back in town?" Danny inquired. "Visiting old friends?"

"I have some business to take care of," Allison replied. "I figured why not check in with Lydia, so I went to see if at least her mother still lived at the same address. Aiden arrived with your daughter before I could speak with your mother and she asked him to bring me to you."

"So, for how long will you be in Beacon Hills?" Scott asked while massaging my tails.

"I'm not sure yet but it might be for a while since I'll be personally handling the reopening of Argent Arms International in the country."

"You still in the firearms and security consulting business, then?"

"Yes," Allison confirmed. "What about you? Did you stick to veterinary?"

"Partly," Scott replied vaguely like usual.

"Scott is a doctor of all trades and master of supernatural and veterinary medicine, the best in the world, but he claims there are people out there who make him look like an amateur, so he doesn't give himself enough credit," Lydia clarified.

"I don't just claim, Lydia. You've obviously never seen Alan in his true element and in the zone. My hospital may be bigger but Alan's clinic is legendary and overshadows it like a mountain does a small hill all because of him."

"A mountain that he left under your care for an entire year and a half," Harley pointed out. "And we all know if you didn't want to open the hospital and Deaton, Noshiko, Peter and the locals didn't back you, the clinic would still be under your care and Deaton would be retired."

"You know, I was there when Deaton left you in charge and you doubted if you could do it alone although you spent a long time as his mentee and graduated from your shady medical school," Ethan said. "What did he tell you to assure you?"

"'You're no longer my student, Scott,'" I answered the question for Scott, quoting it. "'You're my equal, a doctor in your own right. The only thing you lack now is my experience and I'm offering a piece of it to you while I recover.

Take it and grow as more than an Alpha like I became more than a druid and an emissary.'"

"So that's why you insist on being called Dr McCall," Aiden realised while Corey chuckled.

"You know, I always thought it was because you wanted to sound cool and mysterious like Deaton does when he does something no ordinary veterinarian can do and you ask what he is and he replies: 'I'm a veterinarian,'" Corey said with a chuckle and we couldn't help but join in because Dr Deaton did sound cool and mysterious when he said that.

From there, we went down memory lane and the evening was filled with spa cuisine and stories that revealed small details that others didn't know, turning Lydia's celebration into a bonding session that updated Allison on some of the things she missed.