3.2| A New Cousin

2014

"Luna Alexine, a rogue has been found on the Northern border. It's male wolf, around you and Jordan's age, maybe a bit older. He was in wolf form, and unconscious. He also had a bit of an alpha aura."

"I'll call Jordan, then bring us to him."

――――――――――――――――――――――

The rogue had already woken up when we got to the hospital. He stared at us calmly as we entered his room. Highly unusual, Alicia commented.

"Before you ask me anything, let me introduce myself. I am twenty-seven years old, and I was raised by Arnacia Hu. Arni is a close friend of the late Luna Emilia Wu of the defunct pack of Silver Clouds-"

Jordan gasped, and paled. I recognized Arnacia's name, she was the one who, during the time she was kidnapped, had trained Santana Ji to escape. Santana is Lantana's (called Lana) twin sister. Lana is our Head of the Department of Intelligence Operations, along with her mate Lonicero Cho (called Lonie). Santana also trains our pack's gymnastics teams.

"-and we lived in the Aurantiaco-Hyacintho neutral land. She was kidnapped for five years by Lunsolae, and during that time, I was taken care of by her younger twin sisters, Pollina and Castilla. My parents... well you know Yi Ru rejected Luna Emilia, right? But he raped her too. And I am the product. My alpha aura is because of Yi Ru."

"That makes you my cousin," Jordan stated, still pale. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Exactly. With Brian Yu An being my step father, technically, Theo and Chelsea Tian are my step cousins. And the first cousins are Cassidy Xi-Han Lam-Feng and Cressida Li-Han Lam-Feng, Leslie Kendall-Tian and Kelsie Kendall-Tian. It would be great to meet them, since my only friends were Arni, Polli, Casti, and you guys for not tossing me in a cell, Alpha Jordan and Luna Alexine."

"We're honored that you consider us as your friends." Jordan and I said at the same time.

"Yes, because you are the first alphas to not judge me for being the product of rape. I met Alpha Dennis, and he called me a 'son of a b****'. Props to him for disrespecting a woman who had been through so much. Also called me an 'impure mongrel' and a 'good-for-nothing low-life bastard'.
I don't condone my sperm donor's actions, and I know he wants an heir - either me or from Brian, but I don't want to be the alpha of his pack. I saw it once: strong warriors who sleep with one half of the she-wolves, and the other half are girls who have been rejected and are being cheated on. Many have died. It may be strong, but it is truly disgusting.
Ah, and lastly, my name is Helios Tian."

"Are you an elemental?"

"Fire... When Arni and I reunited, we made a campfire, and some rogues came round looking for trouble. I got angry when they made advances at Arni, Polli, and Casti, so I lunged at them. The campfire lunged at them beside me, and they spent several months in the hospital recovering from burn wounds."

Jordan burst out laughing at the unfortunate rogues. Helios shickered too. "And it left ugly scars."

"Wow, you should meet Jordine, my youngest daughter! Can you make your own?" Helios stuck his hand out, and concentrated hard. Jordan gasped again when a fire ball appeared.

"Helios... we need to talk about our family."

"No doubt, Alpha Jordan, but can I get a room in your pack? I wish to join. But keep my identity a secret, for now, Yi Ru doesn't know I exist. He absolutely cannot. My loyalty lies in your pack, as Lucia was the one who contacted Arni and sent me directions to this pack. She saved me. He's power hungry, and once he finds out, war will break out. Introduce me first to your pack as Helios Hu, and say that I am Arnacia's son."

"Definitely. I'll set up a time with the other cousins."

――――――――――――――――――――

Helios requested to join our group of sniper patrols, and when he did the initial test, it rather shocked the head patrol.

He remarked, "That Helios is one hell of a warrior. His balance is unshakable, he deals strong blows, and his endurance is greatly admirable. He really enjoys being on tops of trees, and camouflages really well. His fire ability will make for a huge asset to the sniper patrol groups."

Jordan was ecstatic to know Helios integrated so well, and the induction ceremony was this weekend. He was already great friends with all five of our pups, especially Jordine. He also got along well with the delta and gamma's children, Oliver and Oliva, and Raven and Charlize. Ares not so much, and this is because of...

The last rogue attack from 4 years back was catastrophic. Austin and Jesse were the first to respond, and reinforcements came speedily. Ares was 14. The rogues had witches as backups. Jesse was attacked by five witches and sustained terrible injuries, for which she spent a month in the ICU and another two months with temporary paralysis of the legs and a tough recuperation. Ares was there to witness, but he had just started training and wasn't strong enough. He suffered a concussion from a blow to the head by a witch that cast a spell to make a tree fall on Jesse, but Ares took the blow. He broke several ribs from when another witch threw him against a tree.

Since then, he has held a deep grudge against witches. Unfortunately for him, being the future beta, he will have to make contact with witches in the future. Last time we spoke to Symphonia Coven, Ares acted all snarky and made terrible comments toward head witch Sable Yan-Wang, and we had to send him back to Musicon while Austin and Jesse came in his stead.

He became cold and isolated, even when talking to Jordine, with whom he had a very close friendship. Now, he will only speak to Jordan and I, his parents, and the deltas and gammas. He has become so closed off that everyone calls him "ice beta". He does not care. Everyone knows that when he meets his mate, she will have a difficult time thawing him.

So Helios was being hidden by Lucia. This is why she was taking long to come back from her spying expeditions: she was training Helios. She knew he was being hunted by Yi-Ru, so she directed him to our pack. She had been afraid to tell me, mostly because Robert did not know and she did not want us to tell him.