6.4| Neutral Land

Evelyn's pov

"Hey mom, can Esther and I go to the neutral land and walk around for several hours?""Sure, but be back for lunch!" My mom called.

Once we were out of earshot, I whispered to Esther, "let's go, it is our only chance to meet with our mates without anyone noticing our departure."

I noticed a slight grimace on Esther's face. "Is there something wrong?"It could be heat. I'm surprised it was not earlier, Aasira said.

[It's what the humans call period pain, but wolves don't have periods... so... I'm guessing it is he onset of heat.] Esther told me.

[Aasira and I are thinking the same thing... we met our mates just yesterday, alpha born wolves get it much earlier, but this early? I don't know.]My phone pinged. I got a message from Wilfred, with the address of his and Alfred's house in the neutral land.

"Let's go," I urged Esther, "before Mom and Dad find out."

──────────────────────────────

Alfred and Wilfred lived in a modest, very small, semi-detached duplex on 44 Conri Street, between Hemming Lane and Farkas Drive. Wil lived on the right and Al lived on the left.

We went our respective ways.

As Will opened the door for me, I was instantly bombarded with his scent and his intimidating Alpha aura at its fullest. My nervousness grew, and Aasira began howling. We fought for control, Aasira forcing me to release my aura completely, as well.

Wil chuckled nervously. "That's certainly not the best way to introduce our wolves..."

I laughed. "Let's just hear what you have to say about our ancestors."

Wil leaned over to the side of the table and pulled out a thick bundle of documents and folders. "I will need to start at the very beginning – so bear with me, just follow all the people, it will start to make sense after a while."

I nodded.

"This will take us back to China- wolves are excellent at moving around in stealth mode. Anyway, in the Guangdong Province, there were five packs: 秋月- oh wait, do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese?"

"Both."

"I'll speak in Cantonese then. There's 秋月, Autumn Moon, co-led by Liao Na Po and his younger brother Liao Xue Qui. They didn't have betas.
Next, there was 新月 - New Moon Pack, led by Alpha Wu Sun-Yu and Luna Li Wan-Fei; they had just been given their positions. Their Betas were from the famous beta family, Yi Shao and Tao Yin Chen.

Then were was 月光 - Moonlight Pack, led by Alpha Zhang Seo-Han and Luna Tao Hui-Wan; they were about to give their position to their eldest twin son Wang-Seo and his mate Guo Ren-Yu.
Lastly, 闇月 - Dark Moon Pack, with Alpha Tian Chen-Yu and Luna Ren Zhan-Ho; they had also been newly appointed and barely eighteen.
Basically, 秋月 are the Liaos, 新月 are the Wu's, 月光 are the Zhangs, and 闇月 are the Tians. I'll talk about the fifth one later on."

"You're the Liaos!"

"Yes, I am. But let's talk about their powers. Originally, the Liaos controlled earth, the Wu's controlled air, Zhangs controlled water, and the Tians controlled fire. However, the Na Po disrespected the Moon Goddess in many ways, which resulted in his element being taken away and given to the peaceful Wu Alpha Sun Yu. The Wu's were generally known as the most peaceful pack, and the Liaos were known to be somewhat totalitarian."

"Are you?" I asked, wanting to poke fun at him.

"Ew no! I would never treat my pack like this, but Alfred would... Unfortunately, the heirs of the Alphas and Lunas got entangled quite a bit. The next part will be about that.
Xue Qiu was supposed to be the alpha, but Na Po was a power hungry idiot and forced Xue to make him co-alpha. Xue obviously met his mate first, Tian Ye, sister of Alpha Tian Chen Yu. Tian Ye went to Xue's house, where Na Po found out, and immediately killed Xue, while making Tian Ye watch him. She fled back to the Tian territory, but not after roasting his whole body with her torch, as she controlled fire like her brother. A month later, she found out she was pregnant. Her brother Chen Yu and sister in law Zhan Ho tried everything to keep her and her pregnancy safe, but untimately, Na Po himself stormed the place were she was hiding and stabbed her to her death."