4.2| The Incident

2011

All of my children began with piano, but Kyle, Evelyn, and Jordine detested it. Esther picked up cello alongside piano.

Kyle played only violin. Evelyn wanted to play the flute- and viola. Jordine followed suit: she had cried every lesson and practice session for piano. She learned viola and violin.

Kenneth played both piano and violin.

Evelyn and Jordine were the rebels of the family: everyone believed Evelyn would be a great Luna, but she held this unconventional view (that's what Lunsolae, Townsville, and the Lower Brisbane packs view wasn't) that Alphas, Lunas, and their wolves would fight for and defend to the very last breath. Jordine was one fiery wolf. She occasionally had issues reining in her temper, but that happened very rarely.

Kenneth and Esther were the ones who lost their tempers more easily.

Kenneth's Alpha training had caused him to be prone to stress and nervousness, while Esther was getting pressure from a coastal pack, Townsville, to become Luna to their only heir, Ascherson Ross. Of course we never agreed. Esther was too young anyway. Ever since the pups were born, Jordan became extremely protective over them, especially when they got the attention of other packs.
It was a huge deal when Ascherson challenged Jordan. They agreed on the following terms: if Jordan wins, Townsville must leave them alone and any Townsville wolf who steps onto Musicon, Twoset, Hyacintho, Aurantiaco, Crescere, Viridiano, Argenti, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast would be imprisioned, if not killed already.
If Ascherson won, he would get Esther when she turned 19. However, if she found her true mate, the terms will become void. They even did a blood pact, with Twoset, Hyacintho, Aurantiaco, Crescere, Viridiano, Argenti, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast in attendence to witness.

Here the fight became hilarious. Ascherson was so consumed with arrogance that he kept throwing punches at Jordan and missing, while Jordan landed every single kick cleanly - and calmly. Jordan noticed Ascherson's weakness, on the left ankle, which Ascherson did not even bother to hide. After a quick bout of Jordan targeting the heel, he knocked Ascherson to the ground and forced him to submit.

Townsville was a very suspicious and power-hungry pack, and that was why 21-year-old Ascherson Ross' parents were killed. Esther, although Luna-like, did not like training. She had a more traditional view for being a Luna. She wanted to wait for her mate, and it was possible that she might be Luna of Twoset instead, as when Felix, Brett and Eddy's son, is always following her and growling at boys who try to talk to her.

Kyle and Evelyn were the easy going ones, although Kyle did have a tendency to be too casual sometimes. He was always quick to defend us, whether it be his parents, his siblings, his cousins; if you ever try to trick him, things will get very nasty.

A/N: Lower Brisbane is a term used to denote packs that are South of Musicon and other packs. Packs in Lower Brisbane include: Nikorsrim (where Brett and Eddy come from), Solune, Bumblebee, Apis, and Abeille. Packs in Upper Brisbane include: Musicon, Twoset, Lunsolae, Crescere, Aurantiaco, Hyacintho, Viridiano, Argenti. Other packs in Queensland are simply termed 'Queensland'.

In the beginning, in our family Esther, Evelyn, Jordine, Charlize, Tiara, and Emerentia did gymnastics. Tiara began first, and she was 5, with Evelyn and Esther. Jordine, Charlize, and Emerentia followed suit. However, Tiara was injured in 2010 at the National Supernatural Gymnastics Cup. She sustained a dislocated hip and a fractured back. There were three fractures and no possibility of Tiara returning to gymnastics. On June 15th, 2010, she jumped off a cliff at the edge of Gold Coast territory.

Esther suffered an injury shortly after and had to see the orthopedic doctor Devlin Nassman, however, he always made me 'wait outside'. The first time I waited, Esther seemed unusually quiet, then burst into tears in the car and refused to tell me why. The second time, Jordine was with us, and I refused to wait outside, so I waited several minutes before barging in.

Nassman was manhandling my daughter, an ALPHA'S DAUGHTER for crying out loud. I was about to blast him with sound (it would have been very painful), but before I could do that, I realized Jordine was behind me. All of a sudden, flames shot out and scorched Nassman's hands and arms.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, BASTARD, FOR ASSAULTING MY SISTER!!!" Jordine thundered. Her eyes swirled amber, meaning her wolf Leona was in control and her rage spiked when Nassman retorted, "your sister is only worth sex."

I mindlinked Jordan. [Get to Nassman's clinic NOW. He sexually assaulted Es, and Jordi's about to incinerate him.]

I hummed C A G E, caging him. The flames swirled around Nassman, whooshing dangerously and alarmingly close to his skin.

"WE MUSICON WOLVES DO NOT CONDONE SUCH ACTIONS! SO THIS IS WHAT YOU DID TO MY COUSIN, TIARA! YOU DROVE HER TO DEATH! MY SISTER IS WORTH SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT, AS A MATTER OF FACT, YOU ARE WORTH THE TRASH! I WILL BURN YOU WITH THE TRASH! YOU VILE, LYING, DISGUSTING, EVIL PIECE OF SH**!!!!"

The flames jumped and dived at Nassman. "MY DAD IS GOING TO KILL YOU."

Jordan appeared behind me. "Exactly, and thanks for the fire, Jordi."
The flames flickered, and Jordan began controlling it. "You will pay." The flames licked at Nassman's body, and he screamed in agony and collapsed.
"Alexine, we'll bring him to the cells. I will file a report to the council. We finally know why Tiara jumped off the cliff." Then it clicked. Nassman had also assaulted Tiara when she was injured at the National Supernational competition last year, and the combination of her injuries and Nassman's repeated assaults led to her suicide.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――

In the end, Nassman escaped. He stabbed three of our guards while drugging the rest with 0.97% wolfsbane, meaning he was connected with the late Randall. The council was alerted, and it sent out a message with details of Nassman. Several weeks thereafter, Esther quit, and Evelyn followed suit.

Evelyn had made her junior debut before quitting.

Jordine, Charlize, and Emerentia continued, all of them making their senior debuts and going on to compete at the Australian Supernatural Gymnastics Cup.

I vowed to find Nassman and turn him over to the trash he deserved.