5| School

Present time, Esther's pov
Note: Kenneth will be referred to as 'Ken', Kyle as 'Ky', Esther as 'Es', Evelyn as 'Ev', and Jordine as 'Jordi'.

We wolves are legally allowed to begin driving at the age of 15, but we have to follow the rules about the Provisional licenses 1 and 2 before getting the full license. Today I would be driving my siblings to school. 

As the second wolf in our quintet, I drive on Tuesdays, with Ken on Mondays, Ky on Wednesdays, Ev on Thursdays, and Jordi on Fridays. Helios, one of our uncles who was fully licensed, and has been for seven years, would accompany us each day.

At school, we all chose the same courses, even though we completed the course selection sheet in separate rooms and didn't use the mindlink. In werewolf and supernatural schools, we follow the Australian curriculum- but a year ahead. If you were to learn the multiplication tables in grade three, you'd have to memorize it in grade two. By grade eight, we finished linear equations and were doing parabolas and completely twisted radical expressions. For the last year, you get to take specialized courses. Werewolf and supernatural schools are so much more fun!

We go to a Supernatural school that includes not only werewolves, but also witches, werecats, dragons, etc. For this reason, every class is divided into three, for example in grade 11, there's 11A, 11B, and 11C. We are in grade 12. Kyle and Esther are in 12A, Ken and Ev in 12B, and Jordi is in 12C. Also in 12A is Fanny and Felix, children of Alphas Brett and Eddy. 12B has Marcus (Lana and Loni's only son).
Ares, Raven and Charlize, Oliver and Olivia are studying at the University of Sydney.

Our school is called 'East Upper Brisbane Supernatural High'. We just call it 'East high'. Wolves from Viridiano, Argenti, go to 'West Upper Brisbane Supernatural High', for the sake of convenience, called 'West high'. Lower Brisbane packs have their own school.

The drive to school was uneventful, but the air was thick with apprehension and worry as there was a Calculus test, Biology, and Chemistry test today. Usually our uncle Helios would talk about his sniper patrolling or sniper training, but he kept silent. Today, though, tests were not causing the tensions, two wolves from the Aurantiaco-Hyacintho neutral land were transferring to our school.

We disembarked.

We met with our friends, Felix, Fanny, and Marcus, and our other friends were still on their way to school. Ares, the beta's son, was having his mid-semester break and stood with us today. Ken approached him. His return also coincided with our birthday.
"Ares, what has possessed you to stand with us?"

Ken was the only one who could talk to Ares with him snapping back.
"I have nothing better to do on break, and it doesn't seem safe for me not to, Ken," Ares replied, somewhat tersely. His comment only added to our ever-growing pile of worries. I glanced back at the car. Uncle Helios was still in the car.

I mindlinked him. [Uncle, what on earth are you doing-]

[Es, dear, we don't know about those two wolves. For all I know, you and your siblings' safeties, as well as the future beta's safety, rests upon my shoulders. I've contacted your father, he cancelled my training today so I could watch over you guys.]

[You need not worry so much, remember that we all have Musical powers- well, except for me but I can hit people with rocks, and Jordi can make her own fire, like you.]

[No. The new wolves, Willie and Allan Ao, are rumoured to have been born at Lunsolae. They are from a dangerous pack. I may be wrong, but be on your guard still, and watch out. I know you have multiple tests today but make sure to link me every now and then.] My siblings stared at me weirdly.

[Thanks for the warning.] I responded.

Even Corvinna, who usually was trying to seduce Kyle into going on a date with her, stayed away from us and stayed completely silent. It was as if a muffling blanket had fallen over the entire school.