IV

Chapter Four: Enrollment

"Sister?" you laughed as you slapped a hand over your mouth before your eyes sculpted into a glare, "That's not something you should joke about, Gojo-sensei."

Gojo only stared at you wordlessly in return, his bright eyes held a serious tone to it.

You narrowed your eyes at his lack of response and leaned back into your chair, crossing your left leg over your right one, "I was left in Aokigahara; in other words, I was abandoned to die. If my parents didn't want me then why would they want my brother?" you said, anger slowly creeping up your throat.

It was a sensitive topic for you and hearing that the man in front of you was supposedly your brother made your blood boil just a little.

Just a little. At least that was what you told yourself.

Who were you kidding? You were pissed, confused and sad, even.

Why was it okay for them to keep another child but not you? Why were you not wanted? What did you lack? Why were you abandoned? Why? Why? Why? Why?

'This isn't fair', that was what the voice screamed in your head but at the same time you pretended not to care. This shouldn't bother you, what's in the past is in the past and there's nothing you can do about it, you're doing much better than your parents could ever imagine. That was what you told yourself.

However, at the same time, Satoru could see the flicker and the fluctuations of your Cursed Energy. You were frustrated. He should've known better than to bring up a topic like such. He should've been gentler with his delivery but, at the same time, the truth must be brought to your knowledge and what's done is done, he could only tread carefully in the shark infested water he had just launched himself into.

Satoru had to deliver his information to you in a gentler way; a way in which would not cause you much pain and doubt in yourself.

You were growing into a fine lady and you should not feel insecure about yourself, at least that was what Satoru thought of you.

"Y/N, you weren't abandoned," he said, attempting to make you feel better.

"Then why was I left alone in Aokigahara? If I was not abandoned then why was I, as a baby, left there all alone at night?"

Satoru's eyes softened into one that held remorse and, maybe a little bit of, guilt.

"You were kidnapped and the Gojo Clan could not do anything about it," he said as his gaze hardened once more, but, this time, there was lingering guilt behind those sapphire eyes.

You narrowed your eyes at his statement, "Couldn't or wouldn't? Because hearing the word 'clan' tells me that this family is rather well off and searching for a lost child shouldn't be too hard, so this bears the question, was the Gojo Clan unable to search for me or were they unwilling to?" you asked, as your lips trembled a little and forced a glare onto your face.

Satoru's silence was loud and the slight frown drawn onto his face only answered your question.

They were unwilling to search for you.

They did not want you enough to look for you.

You were abandoned.

You were not loved by your family.

You were not wanted.

Silence engulfed the room as the two of you, with your sapphire eyes, exchanged silent gazes.

You took in a deep breath, closing your eyes then releasing a huff and reopening the windows to your bright eyes, "It's late, I'll enroll into the Jujutsu High with Yuuji and um, thanks for telling me that we're related I guess..." you said, standing up.