VII

Chapter Seven: Nothing

"Then have faith in me, partner," Yuuji said as he smiled his gentle smile.

You stared at him with a slight frown at first then hardened your gaze into a glare, "You better not die, okay?!" you scolded.

He only continued to smile wordlessly as Fushiguro grabbed your hand and dragged you away. This time there were no flips or whatsoever, you willingly followed the dark haired male because you trusted your best friend.

Even though you knew it was almost impossible for Yuuji to deal with the Special Grade by himself, you trusted him to find a way somehow.

If you could not even trust your best friend, who were you supposed to trust?

He was your everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After running around aimlessly, you squinted at a particular region of the building, noticing a familiar Cursed Energy.

It was Nobara's.

"Fushiguro! Nobara is that way!" you exclaimed as you ran towards where Nobara was.

The dark haired male turned towards you, "How did you know?!" he called out as he chased after you.

"Can't you see it?! Her Cursed Energy is literally right there!" you shouted as you continued to sprint towards where Nobara was, and sure enough, you found her, "There!"

Noticing that Nobara was in a pinch, Fushiguro summoned the Great Serpent, one of his Shikigami, and attacked the Curse that had captured Nobara. He had also summoned Toad which helped rescue Nobara from her situation as the Great Serpent devoured the Curse.

The Toad that had rescued the brown haired girl then chucked her into its mouth.

"We're escaping, Kugisaki!" Fushiguro exclaimed, informing her about the situation.

Nobara only had a sad and rather disgusted look drawn onto her face, "I hate frogs, you know..."

"Yeah, well, sorry!" Fushiguro scolded.

"We don't have time for this, Fushiguro, let's get out of here!" you shouted as you stepped back, getting ready to sprint out of the building with your classmates.

The exit came into sight and you bit onto your bottom lip as you picked up the two of your friends, throwing them onto your shoulders as you made a dash for it.

You were a much quicker runner compared to them.

Standing at the exit was Ijichi who had a worried look etched onto his face. Nobara was handed to him as you switched your gaze towards Fushiguro, and though you said nothing, he could tell that you were practically begging for him to give Yuuji a sign that the lot of you had made it out safely.

Fushiguro clasped his hands together to form a sign and summoned his Gyokuken. Looking at the black Divine Dog, you could only frown after what had happened to Shiro.

The black wolf dog then howled loudly, signalling to Yuuji that it was safe for him to transform now. You stared into the building and, thankfully, Yuuji's cursed energy was still present, which reassured you greatly. Now everything was going to be alright, or so you thought...

You knelt down and patted on the black Divine Dog, "I'm gonna name you Kuro, okay?" you smiled, gently, yet with a hint of guilt lingering at the tips of your lips, "I'm sorry, Kuro, but Shiro didn't make it out..."