XII

Chapter Twelve: Free, They Are

"Nanami-san... You really are a good person..."

"But I am alright... This is nothing but motivation to grow stronger and..." you grinned, before muttering softly to yourself, "Thank you for telling me that it's okay for me to express my feelings..."

The two of them, Yuuji and the Grade 1 sorcerer, only stared at you wordlessly; one with an obvious worried look expressed on his face while the older man had an almost unreadable blank expression.

"Alright then," Nanami said, turning to face the door.

You flashed a bright and unbothered smile, "Let's head out then!"

And with that, the three of you left the room, leaving the stale air and the negative thoughts behind.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at an office room, Yuuji and you followed Nanami and met up with Ijichi.

"I've organised the reports from our intel on recent residuals, unnatural deaths, and disappearances," Nanami said, holding his hand out towards the map that was pinned onto the chalkboard, "This should help us narrow down the culprit's hideout to some extent."

Excitement filled in Yuuji as he held his fists up, "Oh yeah! Are we storming in?" he exclaimed.

You crossed your arms and shook your head, "No no no, we gotta jump them; like when they're going out to buy their groceries or something... We can hide in an aisle that has their favourite snacks, then boom– we jump out and tackle them onto the ground! Then, ding ding! It's a victory for us!" you explained, childishly, with your pointer sticking out as if you were explaining the plans of a grand heist.

"Y/N..."

"You're an actual genius! Why didn't I think of that?" Yuuji praised, glitters forming in his eyes as he looked at you with awe.

Nanami only brought his hand to the bridge of his glasses/sunglasses and sighed. Just when he thought that you were the better Gojo, you turned around and said something extremely dumb that proved that you were indeed that idiot's sister.

The assistant pursed his lips together to stifle a laugh; the similarities between you and Gojo Satoru was almost laughable. Something must've been in your bloods to have invoked such unhinged and stupid ideas from such intelligent individuals.

"Wait a second. Do Curses even eat?" you asked dumbly, muttering to yourself as you placed a finger onto your chin and stared at the ground intensely, pondering upon your very own question.

Nanami crossed his arms and ignored your question, "We will not be storming in," he said, dully.

You immediately turned your head to the side and grinned smugly at Yuuji as he furrowed his brow jokingly at your cocky look of victory.

"Ah ha! See, even Nanami-san agrees that we should jump them!" you laughed.

He cleared his throat as he glanced at you, "No, I don't," he shot, "And we won't be jumping them at a grocery store for your amusement, Y/N-kun"

And in that moment, it was as if you turned into dried poop and withered away. Sounds familiar? That's because this exact scene had played out before, the last time, Satoru was your victim, but this time, you're the victim.

"Aw shucks..." you complained to Yuuji, as you slumped downwards and sniffled comically before straightening your posture while your usual sly expression returned to your face. "So where are we heading now?"