VI

Chapter Six: Everything

Under the starry night sky, you sat beside your best friend. Betelgeuse was visible in the vast sea of stars, shining brighter than the other little glitters littered all over the dark blue canvas.

On that grassy hill, you stargazed while listening to him talk.

Yuuji talked about all sorts of things, he kept nothing from you. He looked happy and you liked how things were.

"Yuuji, are you happy?" you asked as you continued to keep your eyes fixed at the night sky, "Because I am, right now."

The pink haired boy smiled as he looked at you, "I'm happy," he said, "It's good that you're happy too! You were bored back in Sendai, right? You must've been, I'm sorry I didn't ask more about the things you used to see."

You switched your gaze and locked eyes with Yuuji. You did not expect him to apologise about that because you thought he had long forgotten about all those times when you told him about the things you saw.

Chuckling softly to yourself, you smiled, "It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong," you said, nudging him lightly, "Besides, things are good now, so let's not dwell on the past."

Yuuji only glanced at you before he let out a soft laugh, "Yeah."

"Anyway, where did you go today? In the afternoon, I mean," he asked.

You grinned at the mention, "I went out shopping with Nobara," you replied, as you smiled brightly.

"With Kugisaki? And you didn't invite me? Ouch Y/N, I'm hurt," Yuuji teased.

Glancing at him from your peripheral vision, you glared at him playfully, "I mean, would you really want to spend a whole day shopping and looking at hair dye?"

"Wellll... I wouldn't have said no to that," Yuuji reasoned, "What colour are you dying your hair this time? Pink? We could totally match!"

"Nope, just going for the usual H/C, I like it," you replied as you shrugged.

Yuuji blinked twice at you, "I forget that this isn't even your natural hair colour," he said, dumbly, "White's a nice hair colour though."

"Nah, I don't want anything to do with my family, I don't wanna look like what they've thrown away," you said as you stared off into the glittered darkness of the sky, "Besides, I don't look good with white hair."

He stared at you silently as he observed your features, "I think you'd look great but, it's up to you. You're naturally pretty so anything's fine, really," he shrugged.

You turned to face him while stifling a laugh. Your brows were slightly arched as an awkward smile was stitched onto your lips, "Thanks?" you chuckled, finding the feeling that plagued your heart a little strange.

"Also, you're already on a first name basis with Kugisaki? That's fast. We took like-- 2 years before we started calling each other by our first names," Yuuji said, noting the fact that you've already begun to address Nobara by her first name.

You only shrugged, "She told me it was okay, so might as well. She has a nice name, it'd be a waste if I didn't call her that."

Yuuji narrowed his eyes as he glared at you like a child, "That's like saying my name was not nice enough for you to use," he said, sticking his bottom lip out.

"What?" you raised a brow, "I never said that! Are you... jealous?"

He blew a raspberry and looked to the side, "Whaaat?? Noooo, we're best friends! There's nothing for me to worry about... Right?" he asked, snapping his gaze towards you and staring at you directly in your eyes.