Chapter 9

Taehyung had his head resting on the chair head rest. He is exhausting himself way more than he should. Been a CEO in is 20s demands more time and work because all those old board members see him as immature and inexperienced.

He is currently in their branch in the United States for a month now. He left the night of the supposed meeting with the Jeon's.

Talking about the Jeon's he hasn't heard anything from his parents about it again.

He picked up his ipad to check the business stock market updates but was surprised to see the Jeon Company as a headline.

"Due to the sudden tragedy that befall the Jeon's. Their company which is in serious debt is in Chaos and might have to fold sooner or later" the headline read.

Sudden tragedy?

Taehyung was confused at the news. He quickly looked up more of the Jeon's news and was shocked at what he found. The Jeon's where in an accident?

He checked the date of the accident and it Marched the same date they were supposed to meet.

How come he never heard of this. He hesitantly read more of the news searching for Jungkook's name and was relieved that the brunet was not involved in the accident.

But that relief did not last long. How would he be taking the news?

He felt so horrible he didn't get the news on time or even attend the burial ceremony. How would Jungkook feel? Even if the marriage was cancelled, they were still friends and it's been one month. One month?

He can not travel back to Seoul, he still has a lot to do. He scrolled back to the stock page and picked up his phone to make a call.

.
.
.
.

Three months in the U.S were beyond hectic for the Raven. It has been from one contract to a meeting and dozens of work to see through.

He was too busy to take personal calls that even got his dad so worried he flew down to see him in person just last month.

He was buried in another shit load of work when Hoseok walked in.

"Tae, you should take a break please" he suggested for the millionth time since they arrived here because he is getting scared at how the other was killing his brain cells.

"That is not what you refer to me as in the office Mr. Jung" Taehyung responded strictly.

"I'm pleading as your friend not your P.A, You have been on this particular project for the past month" The red haired male pleaded again.

"Atleast assign it to me or someone else, you pay us handsomely. Please let us help you" he quickly added.

Taehyung sighed and for the first time that day removed his glasses and rested his head on the chair headrest. He checked the clock to see that it was 6pm.

He can not take a break as he really have to go back to Seoul. He didn't expect to stay this long but it just couldn't be helped.

"I have reserved a place for dinner by 8pm" hoseok said which the raven didn't respond to.

Taehyung picked up his phone he threw into his drawer to ignore all calls only to see it silently ringing and it was Yoongi. That's rare and too early for him to be up.

"Hello?" he said into the phone after he picked the call up and waves His assistant away.

There was a long seconds of silent coming from the phone.