Chapter 2: First day at UA High

As the years went by, Izuku never left Katsuki's side.

The 'dog' would walk him to and from school, accompany him on outings with friends, or on family vacations whenever he could. As long as dogs were allowed, Izuku was there.

He wasn't always a dog, but Katsuki's parents didn't know that. But occasionally he would change to his more human form so he and Katsuki could talk.

Over the years the two became best friends and somewhere along the way Katsuki had given him the nickname "Deku". Katsuki had other friends but none of them were as close to him as he was with the 'Forest Thing'.

Izuku loved to just be around Katsuki, he's the kid's protector and his best friend, and as mean or loud as Katsuki is, he likes being around Izuku just as much. The two almost couldn't be separated.

Izuku was rightfully worried when Katsuki left for the UA entrance exam, he knew how dangerous the exam could be, which made him even more proud when they found out Katsuki had passed. His kid would be going to UA! He was gonna be a hero!

The night the acceptance letter came, the two spent most of the night celebrating. Katsuki was so excited to go to UA, the best hero school in the country, And Izuku was so happy that the kid he had pretty much adopted was getting closer to achieving his dreams.

___________________________

The first day of high school came fast and that morning, just like every morning for the past 7 years, Izuku walked Katsuki to school.

In his dog form, he was tall enough that his back almost reached Katsuki's waist when he was on all fours. And while nobody would mess with Katsuki because the boy already looked scary enough as is, the scary dog privileges just meant a lot of people avoided them when they walked down the street.

The pair reached the gates of the school and Katsuki walked in, waving to Izuku as he went to find his class.

What Katsuki didn't know is that the 'dog' would sit, as still and unblinking as a statue, in the middle of the gate all day waiting for him, the presence of the dog catching the attention of the principal and a few teachers by the time lunch rolled around.

"Is that... a dog?" Midnight asked as she stared out the window of the staff lounge, seeing the mangy-looking mutt sitting just outside the gate.

"Indeed!" Nedzu chirped, "It's been sitting outside the gates all morning, just staring at anyone who walks by."

Hound dog looked out the window again, locking eyes with the dog, a shiver going up his spine. "That thing isn't a dog." He had been sent out by the principal to try and scare the dog away but hadn't gotten closer than 10 feet before his instincts screamed at him to not go near the mutt.

Currently, snipe is trying his best to get the dog's attention, he had gotten closer than Hound Dog had and is now trying every call he knows to get the dog to move, but the mutt just stares at him with its green, unblinking eyes.