Chapter 13: The Hero Killer

Izuku focused on the familiar person and ran as fast as he could. He knew it was risky to leave the fight with the Nomu, but if Tenya was panicking then he was in danger.

he followed his senses, running in the opposite direction from the fight, and found himself a few blocks away in a quieter part of the city.

The further he got from the fight, the better his head felt. Izuku had never been around so many panicking people before and the experience was too much for him to handle, he wasn't used to it yet.

He could still feel all of the panicking people in the distance, but now they were more like whispers instead of deafening screams.

Izuku found himself navigating the network alleyways behind buildings, he could feel himself getting closer to Tenya, the kid's panic was getting stronger by the second and Izuku was silently cursing at the fact that he couldn't go faster.

Then he heard voices.

"-am Ingenium, and I will defeat you!" Tenya! Izuku ran faster towards the alley. Hopefully, he can get there before whoever Tenya is trying to defeat can hurt him.

"Then so be it-" Came a darker voice, one Izuku couldn't recognize. "-die."

Izuku stopped at the mouth of the alley, still hidden in the shadows, and what he saw was a man wearing a ragged, red scarf and grey clothes, pushing a sword into Tenya's shoulder then licking the blade. He was hurting his kid.

The forest thing let out a low growl as he stepped into the dim light of the alley, grabbing the attention of both Tenya and the unknown man standing above him.

"Who is this mutt?" The man snarled at Izuku but kept his sword pointed at Tenya.

"Izuku, no! This is my fight!" Tenya yelled at him, knowing full well Izuku wouldn't back off from this. Not after seeing the man stab his kid.

"Quiet!" The man waved his sword at the teen paralyzed on the floor of the alley. The action made Izuku's blood boil. If he even had blood, he wasn't sure.

Izuku was about to transform and eat this monster just like he had done to the Nomu at the USJ, but the scene in front of him flooded his mind with memories of the forest. Memories of the man who hurt the little girl he was trying to protect. Memories of killing the man to save the child. Memories of everyone fearing him after he killed someone.

No. That couldn't happen again, he has to think this through. This isn't a monster like the Nomu, he can't just kill him. This is a human being and Tenya might not forgive Izuku if he killed someone in front of him. He can't kill this man, no matter how much he wants to.

With his mind made up, Izuku stepped further into the alley.

The sounds of bones snapping and changing echoed around the silent alley as the previous form of a dog rose into the form of a young teen.

Izuku grabbed the man by his shirt and slammed him against the brick wall behind him. The man dropped his sword, but his expression didn't falter, yet. As crazy red eyes met glowing, toxic green, Izuku was silent.

"Another false hero, I see. I'll just have to kill you both." The man spoke with a crazed smile.

That's what this was about? How dare this guy say his kid was a fake hero! Tenya worked just as hard, if not harder than most of the kids in his class! He would be an amazing hero!

Izuku growled again. He could feel his hands shake with anger and was a little surprised that the man wasn't scared of him yet. He must have noticed Izuku's weird appearance already, but maybe he just didn't care.