Chapter 18: Listen to your gut

Something didn't feel right.

Class 1A and 1B, along with Izuku, had been at the forest camp for three days already and everything was fairly normal. Well, what Izuku assumed was normal for a secret summer camp for super-powered teenagers.

Yet, the forest thing couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Maybe it's just strange to be back in the middle of a forest? Yeah, that's probably it.

Nobody besides the Pussycats, the teachers, the classes, and principal Nedzu knew where the camp was, so nothing would go wrong. Nothing could go wrong, right?

Although, the USJ incident does prove that villains have been able to steal information from the school in the past... Should he talk to Aizawa about this?

No, the man is busy enough already. Izuku shouldn't stress him out more than he already is.

"Oi, Deku!" Katsuki shouted, forcefully yanking Izuku from his thoughts. "Get up, you lazy old man! The hobo said we're playing a dumb game tonight."

Izuku huffs in annoyance at being called old. He isn't old!

Okay, maybe he's old. But he definitely doesn't look old.

The forest thing trots over to the explosive teen and the two go to join the rest of class 1A, as well as class 1B outside where they await instructions for the game from Pixie-Bob and Ragdoll. If it was anything like the other "fun things" Aizawa plans, it would be interesting, to say the least.

As they approached the group, Izuku could sense a strong mix of emotions coming from the teens. Most of them were excited and eager to find out what game they would be playing, while others seemed more anxious. Then there were the few who were either indifferent or just too tired from training all day to care.

"I wonder what the game is going to be," Tsu says as she, Ochako, Jirou, and Momo join the rest of the students as well.

"Aren't you scared, Tsu?! Mr. Aizawa planned this, it's probably not going to be a fun game!" Ochako bounces around slightly in an attempt to shake off her anxiety as she shouts.

"I just hope I'm on Yaoyorozu's team!" Mineta drools as he attempts to stand by the dark-haired girl's side, making the girl look slightly uncomfortable until he's grabbed and dragged away by Shouji.

Izuku snarls slightly as he watches the small, purple student, who, when he saw the forest thing, retreated to hide behind the multi-armed student. Izuku will have to thank Mezou for dealing with Mineta later.

Once the two Pussycats arrived and started to explain what the game was, something about both classes taking turns to scare each other, Izuku couldn't help but look around, feeling like he was being watched by something. Something close by.

The feeling made his skin crawl in a weird way. He was used to people staring at him or giving him weird looks, so it couldn't be any of the students. No, this was different. It felt bad.

"No Way! Screw Icey-hot, I'll take Deku with me!" Katsuki, once again, pulled Izuku from his thoughts with this shouting.

Izuku quickly zoned back in on the situation as Pixie-Bob told Katsuki he had to be paired with Shouto in the test of courage even if Izuku did accompany the two, which Katsuki was not happy about. The forest thing had no idea why he hated Shouto so much, but for some reason, he did.

With Katsuki quietly pouting, 1B went into the forest to take their places while everyone in 1A stood with their teammate, waiting for their turn to take the test of courage.