Chapter 12: Interning in Hosu

Why are Pro Hero's such wet blankets?

Katsuki was interning with the Pro Hero Best Jeanist and had all but begged the pro to let Izuku join him at the agency for the week. Even after Nedzu himself told the man Izuku wouldn't get in the way, he still refused.

Well, it's his loss anyway. Call Izuku a mangy mutt and see who's laughing when he can't get Katsuki to chill without the forest thing there to help.

Even though Best Jeanist wasn't the only Pro Hero to deny a student to bring the forest thing with them to their internship, he was the only one who didn't have a good reason.

He couldn't go with Tsu since she would be interning with an aquatic Hero. It wasn't their fault they didn't know Izuku could transform into an aquatic animal.

He couldn't go with Ochako, apparently, quite a few of Gunhead's other interns are allergic to animals.

Uwabami would have let Momo bring him along but her modeling agency refused.

Mt. Lady offered him an invitation but Mineta was still scared of the forest thing so that was off the table.

Izuku was ready to accept defeat and was preparing for a quiet and boring weekend with Katsuki's parents, he didn't mind, Katsuki's parents were used to him being left at home whenever their son couldn't bring him somewhere, but the day before the internships started, it finally happened.

Tenya approached him and Katsuki after class, informing them that the hero he was interning with, Manual, had heard about all the students trying to convince multiple Pros to let them bring a dog and decided he would invite Izuku to tag along with him and Iida for the internship week.

As much as Tenya insisted that having a dog at a Hero agency was highly unprofessional, Manual insisted on meeting the UA cryptid he's heard about from the other pros that worked at the school.

Izuku was just glad he could keep an eye on the young Iida child after hearing about what happened to his brother during the sports festival.

That's how Izuku got here, laying on a couch in the lounge of the Manual Hero Office in Hosu city. He and Tenya had been there for two days already and it was quite peaceful.

There wasn't much crime in the city at the moment, which was good, so their morning and evening patrols were mostly just Manual and Tenya making small talk with Manual giving a lesson or a tip here and there.

Izuku thought Tenya would be eager to learn about what Pros did in their day-to-day, but he just seemed distracted. No matter what happened or what Manual said, Tenya was only half-listening, like he was always thinking about something else.

It was very out of character for the teen since he was always the one to tell his classmates to pay attention in class. Izuku was starting to worry.

What if a villain attacked and Tenya was too distracted? What if he got hurt? He couldn't let that happen.

"Izuku? We are going out for our evening patrol, are you joining us?" Tenya asked from the doorway of the lounge, already dressed in his white armored hero costume.

The forest thing lifted his head off the couch where he had been resting for most of the afternoon when he heard the teen calling out to him as he entered the room.

He quickly got off the couch and trotted over to his kid and both of them made their way to the front of the agency where Manual was already waiting for them.

With a pat on the head from the Pro Hero, gosh he loves pats, the three set off on their evening patrol just as the sun started to dip below the horizon, making the sky turn all different shades of pinks and oranges.