Chapter 4.

Since there was going to be no one home, I decided to hit up Jacob. I didn't get to see him at the day of the party, so might as well find something to do with him. I wasn't going to let this opportunity slip from my hands. My parents won't be home, they won't be home until very late. I'm allowed to have some fun, especially since I'm still young.

My parents are going to be out for the night, what are we going to do?

I sent Jacob a message, he better answer me. I need to get my plans straighten out before I pick up Grace. She needs to be my cover, just in case I don't get back before my parents do.

You should of looked for at the party, or at least let me know that you were there. There isn't much to do on a weekday, what did you have in mind?

Honestly I kind of want to get drunk. At the party the other day my sister got drunk, so I figured it's my turn to do the same. I have to pick up my sister from Java Beans at nine, though.

Drop off your car for her there, she can drive it back. Meet me at Java Beans at eight, we'll go from there.

Alright, I'll see you later.

Before I went to pick up Grace, I got ready to go out. I still wasn't sure what we were doing, but there was never a dull moment with Jacob. I decided to not tell my sister about my plan, I already know she would be against it. She has to cover for me tough, and she has to drive my car too. Grace still doesn't have her driver's license, but she knows how to drive. Somewhat drive, actually. Dad usually let's her drive from Java Beans to the house, or the other way around. She'll be fine driving my car, I'm not worried about her.

It was a quarter to eight, when I left the house. It would take me about ten minutes, or less to get to Java Beans. I needed that little bit of extra time to talk to Grace, though. Usually at around this time, the coffee shop is pretty empty. I wouldn't have to worry about bumping into anyone. The only other person there should be Logan, but he barely even knows who I am. Selena hired him to mostly close for the rest of the summer, since he said he wouldn't be available once school starts.

Once I got to Java Beans, I parked the car and got out. I walked over to the shop, with my keys in my hand. I hope Grace won't make me beg her too much. Hopefully she agrees quicker than what I expect. It is Grace though, who knows how she'll answer me. I walked into Java Beans, and Grace quickly looked at me a little shocked.

"Hayden, what are you doing here? My shift doesn't end for another hour," she simply said. I shrugged at her.

Grace was behind the counter, she was already starting to wash the dishes they had in the sink. Logan on the other hand, he was sweeping the floors. I didn't say anything to Grace, instead I just put my keys on the counter. Grace looked at them confused, but soon realization hit her.

"I need you to drive yourself home," I said with a smile.

"No, Hayden, no. I don't even have my license, and I've never driven alone. Dad always comes with me, you can't let me drive by myself. What's wrong with you?" Grace seemed worried, but I tried my best to ignore that.

"Grace, you'll be fine. You've driven to and from Java Beans a lot of times, this time isn't any different," I said to her.

"Wait. Why am I even arguing with you about this? Fine, I'll drive your car home, but I am not responsible for any damage on it," Grace said with a sarcastic smile.

"Fine, I already know you won't cause damage to it. Just cover for me, if Dad and Mon find out I sneaked out, I won't see the day I graduate," I said to her.

"What's in it for me if I cover for you? Because I'm also grounded, if you don't remember I got drunk," she said amused. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Trust me, I remember that clearly. Just, cover me and we'll figure something out later on. I'll owe you one," I said to her. Grace looked like she thought about it for a moment, but she quickly agreed.