Chapter 28.

We picked up Hope, as we had agreed. Grace was the one who told our parents that I would pick her up, so they didn't have to worry about getting her. Apparently Jacob took them to school this morning, and also thanks to Grace he knows about me being adopted. I didn't mind that Grace told him. Apparently she was really upset since I left, and he was pretty much her shoulder to cry on. It was weird knowing Jacob knew, but eventually I was going to tell him and Logan anyways. Logan is still clueless about what's going on, but I'll shed some light on him sometime this week. He can't stay in dark forever.

With Hope and Grace in the backseat, I had Avery in the front seat with me. I held her hand, as we drove to Uncle David's house. Hope was caught up on who Avery was, and why she was going to our Uncle's house. Grace caught her up, and I'm glad she did. I didn't want to worry about catching her up, when I was already really worried about seeing my parents. When I told Avery I would just drop her off and go home for  a bit, she smiled wide. She was happy to hear that I was actually going to talk to them, and I knew she would be happy. I was still going to leave my things at Uncle David's house. If things go bad, I'll already be ready to go somewhere else for the night. If things go right, than I'll come and pick them up. Besides, that'll also give me an excuse to see Avery again.

We got to Uncle David's house, and I parked the car in front of his house. I left the car on, but I still got out and walked around to the passenger's door. It seemed like Avery was already expecting it, since she didn't bother to open her door even when she had her things with her. I opened the door, and smiled at her as she did the same. I closed the door behind her, and walked her to the porch.

"Are you sure you're okay with me going with them? I don't want to feel like I'm ditching you," I said to her. Avery smiled, and chuckled.

"Hayden, you're not ditching me. This is technically my house, this is where I'm currently staying at. If you wouldn't of been staying here for the past few days, this would of been our normal. You dropping me off after school," Avery explained. I smiled at her and shook my head. I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her body closer to mine.

"No, our normal would be either me staying here with you or bringing you to my house," I said into her ear. I felt as Avery shivered, and this expression of pleasure was plastered on her face. I smirked at her, loving what I can do to her. "Maybe after I get this all settled with my parents, you can meet them." Avery's eyes widened.

"Meet your parents?" She questioned. I smiled at her and slowly nodded. I could tell she was nervous at first, but slowly her expression changed. She looked like she was thinking for a moment. "Okay, I'd love to."

Before I could answer her, or she could say anything else. I leaned down and kissed her, I felt her kiss me right back. She wrapped her hands around my neck, and pulled me a little more into the kiss. With my hand that wasn't wrapped around her, I placed it on her cheek. I loved this girl so much, she was like a breath of fresh air.

The door to the house opened, and immediately Avery and I pulled away from our kiss. Uncle David stood there, with his eyebrows raised just looking at us. I shook my head at him, this guy really knew how to kill a moment.

"Why do you have to do that?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Because she's living in my house, and she's underage. I don't know if I approve of this relationship," Uncle David joked. I looked at him, and he just wore this triumphant smile. I shook my head at him.

"Bye, Hayden," Avery said to me. She gave me one last glance before heading inside. Uncle David started to wave at my car, and that's when I remembered Grace and Hope were still in the car. They literally just saw me making out with Avery, and I already know I won't hear the end of it.