Chapter 29.

After making up with my family, things between us seemed to be getting back to normal. That same day I picked up my things form Uncle David's house. I had even brought Grace with me, so my parents are reassured I would come back. After telling Uncle David and Avery that I was going back home, they both seemed happy for me. They were both probably just happy that I finally made up with my parents.

The only person I haven't made up with was Uncle Isiah. I haven't talked to him all week, or Braxton for that matter. I felt bad not speaking to Braxton at least. Biologically he was my half brother, but I always thought he was my cousin. The fact that we grew up together, I guess made him like the brother I never knew I had. I never thought that would be so on point. He literally is the brother I never knew I had, and I'm thankful for that. I mean nothing in our family should change because of this. Uncle Isiah was always like a second father to me, and Braxton like a brother. I wanted to talk to them, but I was scared and didn't know how. It was easier making up with my parents because I knew they loved me, no matter what stupid decisions I made. Uncle Isiah on the other hand, I don't know how he feels about the way I act. This need to be perfect around him kept rising within me, and I didn't know why.

The week came and completely flew. It was already Saturday morning, and I was opening up Java Beans with Selena. Nothing knew, really. My Dad had mentioned to me that they hired someone new, so he wanted me to train them while Selena took care of Java Beans. Training someone wasn't anything new to me, Grace was the first person I tried and my Dad was very impressed. Whenever someone needs training, he usually sends them my way. I'm not too sure why, but he mentioned something about patient even when I shouldn't be. In other words, I don't scare off the new employees.

While Selena was ringing up another customer, I started making their drink. Once Selena was finished ringing up the man, she turned around to face me. I was still making his coffee, well I was almost finished. Just needed to add one add the actual coffee, and I was done. I placed his cup on the counter when I finished, and I didn't even have to call out his name. The man stood there waiting, and he took his cup once he noticed I placed it down.

"Have a good day," I called out after him. I turned my attention back to counters. I grabbed a rag and started to wipe them off. They weren't messy or anything, but I could feel Selena looking at me. I just wanted to seem busy, so maybe she wouldn't talk to me. I know she had a million questions in her head, and I've been cleverly avoiding them all morning.

"Okay, enough with the distractions. How come you weren't here last weekend?" She asked. I looked at her for a brief second, and looked away. "You know I had to work with your Dad," she pointed out. I couldn't help but chuckle at her words.

"Really? How did that go?" I questioned her. I didn't look at her, I kept re-cleaning the clean surface. I would go sweep, or mop but there was customer's in the dinning area. We've been told to never sweep or mop while they're there, to take the chance to do so once the dinning area is empty.

"It went fine I guess. You know, your Dad is a very good looking man," Selena said. I looked at her this time, with this weird expression on my face. What am I suppose to say to that?

"That's just weird," I said still looking at her. My eyebrows were furrowed in a questioning matter. Why the hell was she telling me this? It's in a way uncomfortable.

"Okay, it's weird but it got you to look at me. Didn't it?" Selena asked. I turned away slowly, and kept cleaning the already clean counter.

From the corner of my eye I was able to see Selena walking towards me. I didn't move, I just stayed where I was. Maybe I should just tell her, I'm not planning on keeping it a secret anyways. I just wanted to make up with Uncle Isiah and Braxton first, because I'm not even sure if it's okay for me to tell people I'm adopted. Grace told Jacob, and I told Logan and Avery. Other than our actual family, no one knows about this. Telling someone outside of the circle will probably make it more real. I'll get a true reaction from them, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. I'm not ashamed being adopted. I just don't know anymore. It is my secret to tell as well, and if I wanted to I could. Selena took the rag from my hands, but I still didn't turn to face her. I should just tell her.